Chapter 1:Finding Solace

March 18, 2020

It was nothing but a long tiring day,his face was morphed into a worn out expression. Eyes that held mysteries were closed while his fingers were running wildly on his forehead. A low groan of pain escaped his lips. The headache was unbearable.

Like a lightening crashed his eyes peeled open. Panick, anxiety and excitement flowed through him like a perennial river. He abruptly got up from his throne like chair and crossing the old oak table he reached towards the large wooden double door.

"Xavier get the car ready." His loud voice echoed in the long hallway. The men standing with guns around scattered to follow the command of their master...their leader,  their Mafia king Zoheb Omar Mallik.

Zoheb Omar Mallik the name only meant fear. He was the king of the black world. A mere word out of his mouth ment a rule.
Ruthlessness,aggression and mercilessness remained his second personality till now.

"Zoheb,where are you going?" A manly voice called making him close his eyes in irritation.

"Not now Shameel..." He screeched making the other one chuckle.

"Why not now? Are you going on a date?"

"Shut it Shameel and don't let anyone know I have left." Zoheb spoke dashing out of the large palace like mansion.

Stepping inside the car he gestured the driver to move so on the cue the car zoomed on the road followed by few more.

He was impatiently glancing his wrist watch from time to time. His eyes were outside waiting for the sea of trees to end and the familiar graveyard appear.

After what felt like hours he gestured the driver to stop the car making all the other cars to stop. He moved out and as usual all the guards sat inside. It was his order. It has been 15 years of him visiting the graveyard and each time he would step out a little earlier and walk the distance to the graveyard.

It was his haven from the dark world he lived in. Every year on 20 November he would visit this graveyard. It was not like this place had beauty or someone special was under the soil of this place. It was something else.

Something he could never point a finger at. Something that would calm the violent storm in him.

This time he was running to reach their he was late. His work load had made him engulf in papers that he didn't even know the count of time.

The banyan tree was coming in his vision the same tree he would hide to see her.

His wandering eyes could not find that one figure he lounged to see. He was running like mad man just to find her. It felt like he was lost his most important part...his solace was lost.
What felt like eternity was few minutes. Not a single corner was left. He searched everywhere.

He fell on his knees. Vulnerability that he used to hide from the world came flooding at that moment. His solace was lost somewhere...his solace that was non other than her.

A loud blood curling scream echoed in the surrounding.

"Where are you?" His words were as weak as he himself was. He was a monster. A monster you couldn't help but fear...the monster who could destroy you in a click of fingers. Yet the lost and weak human in him was lounging and crying for her.

He didn't know why he was behaving like this....for a girl. Yet she was not just a simple girl...she was her....his solace.

The irony was that he hadn't seen her once. All the years he used to see her she would be covered in black. The only thing visible was her honey brown eyes. The same eyes that held him captive 15 years ago.

Flashback

"Zoheb don't go that side its a graveyard." Shameel's faint voice reached his ears as his legs ran into a direction.. Oblivious that the direction he was moving was about to change his life. He turned back and found no one following him. Abruptly his steps halted and he bent down ti grasp some air. He knew Shameel won't be able to find him now.

After getting enough air his head jerked up only to see an amusing scene. Hiding behind the Banyan tree he peeked in the graveyard. It was a small graveyard surrounded by trees.

What caught his at attention was not the trees nor the horrific graveyard it was a girl. His curious 12 year old brain was giving him all sorts of ideas. Yet his small heart had its way. He stood there looking at the small girl covered in black. Her face was hidden behind a black veil the only thing visible was her honey brown eyes coated with thick lashes.

As if a cast was casted on him he stood rooted their dumbstruck at the mesmerizing eyes. A strong pang in his heart emerged as soon as he saw a tiny droplet of tear escaped her eyes. Exiting her eyes it moisturized her lashes and then cascaded down. It felt like he himself was crying..he himself was in pain.

" Zoheb.." He turned back at Shameel's voice who was searching for him with the guards.

Ignoring his best friend's calls he again looked towards the girl but she wasn't in his vision. She was gone. Like a lunatic he ran towards the place she was standing. Looking here and there frantically his heart was beating fastly as if running on its own accord. Yet she was gone like the warm wind of the summer taking away the warmness the charm with. her.

He came again the next day only to find no traces of her. The cycle continued for months and soon months turned to year and again he saw her on the same day he had seen her a year ago. That was the beginning of this silent interaction in which only silent words were exchanged. Her silent words.. His silent words.

End of Flashback

The feeling was same he felt years ago. The same feeling of losing the most precious belonging the feeling of loosing a part if himself. He stared at his hands and slowly stood up. Not a single word came out of his mouth that day. He was silent as if speaking the silent words.

***

"Man what has taken over you,...why are you so tensed?" Shameel's concerned voice was what brought him out of his musings. It took him good two seconds to come back to reality.

"Nothing..just work pressure." Replying shortly he busied himself in work.

"I know its not 'nothing'. There is something or is it someone". As if he was hit hard by something his head jerked towards Shameel who was wiggling his eyebrows at him.

"Shut up..." looking everywhere he spoke yet a shakiness remained in his words.

"See if you need my help never hesitate to look on me." Patting on his shoulder Shameel left.

A long dejected sigh escaped his lips making him lean in his chair. It's been nearly a month to that horrific day. It was the first time he hadn't seen her that day. Every year he would see her once and it gave him the strength to endure another year.

A man like him was this weak and vulnerable was something no one knew.

"Where are you?"

***

Assalamoalaikum everyone. So another story. I am so excited to write this one.

It is purely a romantic story.

And there will be late updates.

Comment and tell me did you like it.

And do vote.