Chapter 6: Misunderstandings

May 13, 2020

It is said after every night comes the day, that would end the darkness with its light, but sometimes even the brightness of day isn't enough for removing the darkness created by night within one's soul.

Zoheb was no less than that soul which was darkened to a limit where light couldn't reach. He hadn't wished to be dark, he hadn't wished to be cold but then it didn't matter what he wished for. The harm was done and there was no way to join the shattered prices together.

His anger, pain everything was unbearable to him. All his bottled emotions came out the previous night, on her and on his belongings. And then like a lightening crashed everything came crashing at his feet with those few words written by her.

His inside turned as he read and re-read those words. Her confession, her pain. How he cursed himself at the moment he read that note. He did no better than a salt to her wound.

Without wasting any time he rushed towards the room he had left her to mourn. Blood patches imprinted the hallway he ran into, caring less about the physical pain as the pain he had caused someone was way more painful. Pushing the large double door with all his left power he stepped inside only to be greeted by biting silence.

The darkness he had left was still lingering around and the damage he had done was still uncured. He saw her curled on the bed, hugging herself as if it could protect her from everything. Tears strained her face while her swollen face was evidence of her endless crying.

Slowly he went near her and sat beside her curled form. Her petite form shuddered as the sudden morning breeze rushed inside. Covering her with the comforter he softly caressed her cheek. The coldness of her skin felt unexpectedly warm on his colder one.

My fate had taken the rights of words from me.

Her silent words rotated in his mind as he stared her beautiful tear strained face. Why did fate played with him like this? He wasn't regretting marrying her, why would he? A mere flaw won't stop him from loving her like crazy. He was regretting his actions that has hurt her to this extent. He broke his promise.

"Remember Zoheb, don't hurt the one you love or the one who loves you. Promise me." The shaking words echoed in his ears making him heave a painful sigh. He had broken the promise.

He tugged a rogue strand of her hair. The sudden movement made her eyes snap open and the striking honey brown orbs stare the hollow black ones. His mere presence was enough for her to get up and move back, away from his grip. She hadn't wished for anything in her life, neither her misery nor her happiness but when he confessed to her she felt as if she was about to wish for something, desire for some feelings. But she didn't expect her first wish to be rejected by him, a wish to be accepted. And little did she know what was inside him.

"Tabeer, I... I didn't want to scare you. I am sorry." Speaking in a hurry he instantly got up from the bed.

"I just came to apologize for whatever I did last night. Trust me I will never do such things again. I can't even think of hurting you, you are the only one I have. I hadn't seen the note you left for me...and I regret all my doings." He spoke looking down while she was looking at him with questioning gaze. Was he speaking the truth or was it just a facade?

"Tabeer your one flaw won't stop me from loving you." Looking up he spoke staring in her eyes. She felt a whirlwind of emotions dance in his darkest orbs, the emotions she couldn't point a finger at.

"Forgive me if you can, please don't hate me." Like a child lost in the multitude he spoke. His words holding much more meaning than her mind could comprehend. He was a lost soul, a wanderer.

He turned around to leave only to stop by a tug on his arm. Her hand was holding his sleeves making him look at her. Taking his injured hand in hers she gestured him with her hands, asking him about it.

"It..it was an accident." He spoke looking here and there.She left his hand and looked down. A pang of hurt passed through him as she left his hand but then it wasn't even equivalent to her pain.

______________

He came out of her room and without wasting any time went towards Shameel's. Pushing the double door he entered the room and found him sleeping without any worry. How could he sleep without worry when here he was straining himself.

"Shameel get up." Snatching the comforter from him he growled making Shameel groan.

"It's still early...go to bhabi." Shameel spoke in his croaked voice irritating him to utmost level.

"Get up you stupid." He slapped his back making Shameel jump from the bed and rub his back.

"What's your pro-" before Shameel could complete his eyes landed on Zoheb. A distant look in his eyes spoke hundreds of words while his face held the same helplessness Shameel had seen years ago.

"What happened?" Speaking softly Shameel made him sit on his bed while he himself stood in front of him.

"I... I hurt her. Shameel I broke my promise." Zoheb's shivering voice made Shameel tensed. Holding his shoulder he made Zoheb look at him.

"What did you do?" Shameel asked.

"Shameel, I shouted on her, I hurt her with my words. Shameel I didn't know she couldn't speak, I thought she was afraid of me and I don't want her to be scared of me."

"She can't speak?" Shameel asked making him nod.

"And you shouted on her because she wasn't saying anything." Taking a brief pause Shameel sighed and spoke,

"Are you stupid Zoheb, even if she didn't speak you don't have to shout on her. Zoheb why can't you be a little sensible and calm, you love her right?then why can't you be a little patient." Shameel said calmly yet his tone was that of scold.

"I... I apologized to her but you know what I saw fear in her eyes, I scare her Shameel. I didn't want her to get scared of me, at least not her."

"You are such a stupid person Zoheb. See this is your personal matter, I don't want to interfere in this. But one thing I want to say, solve everything before it's too late. Zoheb you can't just expect her to understand your feelings without you speaking about it. And please act sensible." Shameel spoke and went towards a cabinet. He took out the first aid kit he treated Zoheb's hand and feet like he did every time Zoheb destroyed his things in frustration.

"Man why can't you understand that I am younger than you and I can't be your dad every time." His lame joke made Zoheb throw dagger at him.

"Shut the fuck up."

"Go to bhabi." Shameel said and ushered him towards the get.

"Always remember Zoheb, others won't understand you unless you open up."

___________

Assalamoalaikum everyone.

So, kind of filler chapter.

How was it?

Do you guys like the characters?

Please vote and comment.