Chapter 4 : My Haven

April 18,2020

There comes a point in one's life when the situation is similar to do or die. Same was with Zoheb. He had to make her his, not in any case he could leave her. Heck the thought even was petrifying. She was his solace, he knew this...how? It was still unanswered. What was in her that had attracted him? He didn't know. What was the nuisance his mind was creating? He didn't know.

The only thing he knew was that she was meant to be his.

Shameel had seen how restless he was after the visit to her house and the denial of her grandfather. He very well knew what he needed to do.
The old man wasn't that hard to handle. He wasn't listening to anything , but Zoheb had explained every emotions to him. Surprise was that he agreed but only if she would agree, making him request a meeting with her.The old man agreed,though after denying for a hundred times.

Now as he took steps towards the room he couldn't help but wonder what her decision would be...a fear, so known was engulfing him as he neared the room where she was. Finally reaching his destination he gently knocked on the door and patiently stood silently. Soon the door was open revealing her who was looking surprised at his presence.

It wasn't an appropriate moment to stare her, and so she shuddered at her place trying to move back.

“I want to talk to you.” He whispered making her look at him with perplexed gaze. Fear prominent in them at his  figure towering her.

“Don't get scared. Your grandfather must have told you about everything.  I don't know how to explain it to you.  I don't know which feeling is this. I don't know what you are thinking, but  what I feel  for you isn't a joke. My intentions aren't bad. Don't fear me, don't look at me with hate. One thing I can't take is your hate.” his each word was coated with a strange feeling, his each word held a seriousness. His each word held love, yet her mind asked the same question again, why her?

“People might call me a monster but I not...at least for you. I have already talked with your grandfather. He said it depends on you...I hope the answer would be positive.” Speaking so he took a step back and turned on his heels. Leaving her in a mess of confusion and nervousness.

She despised the moment he saw her, the day she bumped into him. Little did she know it wasn't that incident...it was something written years ago. It was his soul that was captured by her the moment he saw her honey brown eyes. She had never imagined herself in this chaotic situation.

Her life was normal, she was happy with her grandfather but then it was fate. Not everything remains as it was. Not everything is according to oneself.  And she knew the answer to all her questions, the ease to her heart was with her lord. The one who would guide her, every time.

________

Blur, everything after him talking with her was blur. Everything went in a haze. Her grandfather coming over and talking to her, her approval to his proposal and her being tied to him in the most pious bond.

She wasn't feeling anything, neither pain nor happiness. She was neither calm nor in havoc. She was just cold.

Sitting idly on his bed she was staring outside the window, the moon. It was beautiful, shinning in its own glory, showering the land with white lights. She stepped down and walked towards the large window she was staring at few moments back. The soft wind was doing its wonder, playing with the curtains and her covered locks. Her mind wandered from herself to the man who was her husband, Zoheb Omar Mallik.

A creak of door brought her out of her musings. Heavy footsteps echoed in the eerily silent room. The darkness around was adding more fear to her already feared self. She didn't dare to look back at the new intruder of her life, in fear of being taken by him or in fear of being killed by him. Her hands clutched the veil falling down her shoulder.

He cleared his throat making her flinch a little. Her small act wasn't unnoticed by him, anger took over him, and he grabbed her elbow. In a blink she was facing him, his black orbs boring holes on her face. She didn't dare to look in those eyes, her fear was evident on her face. That was what irking him. He didn't want her to hate him, to fear him. He didn't want her to be like others, she was supposed to be his solace.

Grasping her wrist in a soft yet firm frip he gently pulled her towards himself. His sudden behavior made her look up in his eyes. As soon as those darkest black eyes met with her honey brown ones it softened.  She was beautiful, not the kind everyone says is beautiful.

“I told you, I am a monster but not for you,” he spoke looking in her eyes,

“I don't know the words that can explain my feelings for you, but that doesn't mean you are not special to me.” Taking a long pause he caressed her cheek, his warm hand creating a sensation on her cold face.

“Don't look at me with hate, don't fear me... I don't want you to be like others. They hate me and then leave me alone. Don't be the same. I only have you.” The vulnerable person in him didn't hesitate to come out in front of her, he didn't hesitate to be that scared kid. His soft words were showing his pain, the pain behind his Stoic face, the pain behind his cruel self.

She couldn't find any kind of lie, any kind of facade in his confession. She couldn't find that intimidating personality, he was just a man with pain, and she still stared in his eyes, ready to drown in the deepest black color. Seeing him look at her hopefully she did what caught him off guard. She smiled at him.

Her smile was something he didn't expect, yet she did. It felt like he was pulled out of the dark shallow water he was living in, he was brought back to light. Smiling back at her he leaned forward and planted a lingering kiss on her forehead. The act so innocent yet promising. Next moment she was in his embrace, hugged tightly to his self. She could hear his heart beat. Hesitantly she wrapped her arms around him, it was an act done on her heart's order, and she didn't regret it.
She heard him whisper against her head making her heart flood with an overwhelming feeling,

“My haven.”
___________

Assalamoalaikum everyone.

How are you all?

How was the chapter? Do comment and vote.