Chapter 15 : "My Jaana" (Last Chapter)

Note: listen the above song after reading the chapter. Please.

☆☆☆

December 4, 2020

***

She wasn't hallucinating, she wasn't listening to things...nor was it a dream. It was his voice, it was him and it was real. Her heart had said that and so had the prime elements of nature, and now they were grinning at her. Yet she hadn't realised,until now when his voice had echoed in the room. She hadn't deciphered that it was his arrival that was being indicated by everything around her.

Her hand had stilled in the way of grasping the loose end of her hijab making the piece of cloth slip. Falling in a pool of silk on her shoulder the dull fabric too was shining...or not.Tabeer did not wish to glance that way, she did not want to break, yet she did. And then her world had stopped.

Zoheb Omar Mallik, her husband, conqueror of her heart stood at the doorstep with his hands folded and his chest,eyes holding an unfathomable emotion. How she wished she could throw herself in his arms but she wouldn't. Not after how recklessly he had ignored her. Not before her anger would lessen. Not before he would give a proper explanation.

Tabeer was at loss of words. What could she say? Words weren't her good mates, it never was. It had only been the eyes and this time too she wished it would support her. But she hadn't realised what eyes tell is always the truth and her spoke it so beautifully, so efficiently that he understood every silent word. Even the one the tears had spoken. The traitorous tears who were loyal to her heart.

"Jaana." No. She shouldn't get affected.

"How...how are you?" He whispered and if it weren't the eerie silence she knew she wouldn't have heard that.

She did not respond. Walked past him...swiftly, even without glancing. She wanted him to know how hurt and angry she was. He had to face this. He couldn't expect her to be all happy.

He couldn't do anything beside letting her go past him, even though it had hurt. Badly, pathetically. His head lowered in dejections and glistening eyes kept looking at the ground. He had hurt her, but what could he do. He too was helpless. And now he was ready to mend the damage.

__________

"So..." Shameel breathed out seeing his friend quietly sitting for more than ten minutes.

"So what Shameel?" Zoheb questioned. Helplessly. His head rested in between his hands as he spoke making Shameel sigh and speak,

"You know what I am asking Zoheb, what did bhabi said?" Shameel asked.

"Nothing. Just left without even looking at me. Shameel I...I have really hurt her badly. I ha..have no idea what to do now? You know right where I was, how could I tell her that?"