chapter 5: Silence

May 7,2020

Silence

Some times it soothes some times it haunts. It would haunt a lonely soul to an extent that one loses his sanity. Some times it would soothe a distressed soul like a medicine. But, this time it wasn't soothing, it wasn't haunting...it was making someone's fear come true. A fear of losing after gaining.

It wasn't a silence of surrounding, it was a silence of someone which was making the other go insane. Her silence and his fear, they were as fresh as it was on the day they were tied together.

Zoheb didn't want her to stay silent like this, he didn't want her to fear him yet little did he know it wasn't her fear, it was her fate.

It had been a week to their marriage, Zoheb did not want her to get more scared, so he kept his distance from her. She would sit in the room silently, either staring into space or praying. Nodding on things being asked she would look down.

What was she?

An Enigma! whenever he would ask himself about her he would get the only reply. He was being patient, but then he wasn't someone who would stay patient for a long time. He asked her to speak the last night, at least say a word yet no words were spoken. Her eyes spoke, hundreds of silent words yet he didn't understand any.

Storming inside the room in anger he closed the door with loud thud. Her head shot up and eyes went wide as soon as she saw him standing in front of her in the dark. An aura around him was formed, that only screamed jeopardy. His eyes held a fire...a fire ready to burn her into ashes.

She stepped down from the bed and stood timidly with her eyes cast down. Her body shivered as his blazing red eyes were stuck on her. She could feel his steps come towards her...creating a havoc inside her.

“Do I scare you Tabeer?” Her name rolled out of his tongue smoothly yet his tone wasn't soft. It was hard and cold. She could feel shiver run down her spine as he spoke.

“Answer me.” Growling like an animal he stalked towards her making her take few steps back and look at him with horror. He got his answer, he scared her.

“Did I harm you?” He asked caging her between himself and the wall.

Shaking her head in no she looked down. Tears found their way out, they flowed like it was perennial. Wiping them harshly she suppressed the bubbling sob.

“Say with words.” He spoke with clenched teeth as if controlling his anger. How could she say with words? words never were in her favor, it would always betray.

“Why are you not speaking?” He shouted making her flinch and close her eyes. A cold shiver ran down her spine. She didn't dare to look up at him, how could she when the monster himself was standing there.

“Why don't you say anything?” This time his voice was hard and a little low.

“Do you know how it hurts me when I see you far from me?” he whispered…his voice held pain, the pain of a lost soul. His warm breath fanned her face making her shiver.

“Why are you doing this?” he spoke softly and for a second she thought he calmed down, but then the burning flames cannot be tamed easily. Suddenly he punched the wall near her face making her gasp in fear. Her trembling hands clutched her clothes as if it was her life line. She clenched her eyes more.

“I thought you were not like them, Why? Why are you proving me wrong?” He spoke the last part in an animalistic growl. Tears had completely drenched her face. Her face that was bowed down, in fear.

“Look up.” And as she did,Honey brown eyes stared into his black one, the brown glassy one mirrored the fear inside her. He could feel his memory go back to the day he saw her.

Remorse took over him seeing her pained expression, and he took several steps back. Shaking his head in annoyance he passed his hands in. his hair and within seconds he stormed out of the room. As soon as he went outside she fell on her knees and a sob escaped her lips. She didn't expect him to behave like this...and that too after last night's note she wrote to him, but she was unknown to the fact that he hadn't read that note yet.

Fear and hurt, they were the only emotions she was feeling. She hadn't thought ever that he would react like this, like a monster. Wrapping her hands around self she started crying like she never did before. Her silent sobs echoed in the quiet room like a cursed lullaby.

_____________

His loud painful scream made the silent night mourn in fear. Not always a cold self is seen crying, not always the night holds secret dreams, not always a monster weep.

The large room that once held antique pieces, enchanting creations now was covered in a mess, in the ruins of destruction caused by him. His bleeding hand gave the evidence of the shattered glasses while his bleeding heart portrayed his shattered soul.

He did what he used to fear the most, he harmed her, he hurt her. He knew it wasn't her fault but then what would one expect from a monster like him. His large form remained seated on the ground, while his blazing eyes stared into black.

“Mother, I broke your promise.”

He whispered looking up while a tear rolled down his cheek. Minutes passed and so did hours, and soon the morning came. Few rogue rays peeked from the drawn curtains making him stir in his place.

Stumbling over the broken chair he stood up and looked around. Cursing under his breath he started dragging himself towards the door only to halt in his track. A yellow paper was what caught his attention, it was something unusual. He grabbed it and opened it without thinking much but, what the words in the paper stated made him go numb.

Zoheb,

You asked me why I don't say anything? But you didn't read my silent words. I don't blame you instead I wished you knew the cruelty of my fate.

I hadn't imagined myself being treated like this, like I was precious. I know what you feel for me but you don't know that someone like me doesn't deserve your feeling. I am flawed Zoheb, I can't speak.

My fate had taken the right of words from me.

_______________________

Assalamoalaikum everyone.

How are you all?

How was the chapter?

Please vote and comment.