Chapter 14: He's Gone

***

***

October 17, 2020

Why?

 Does anyone have an answer to why? Maybe or maybe not. Things occur, leading a person from one shore to another yet they don't know why. Life is unpredictable...with full of whys and very minimal answers in our hands. 

The sky wasn't the same as it was a week ago, it was gloomy and why? She knew the answer. Out of all the unattended questions of her life she knew why the sky was pitifully looking at her as she shed the pearls down her eyes. He was gone, where? She knew not. Why? She knew not. The only thing Tabeer knew he was gone. It had been a week and yet she had no idea where he was? 

Wiping the other set of salty water that ran down her already stained cheeks. Her eyes didn't leave the sight of the sea of trees. They were swaying in merry unaware of the pain inside her. The moment he had said, he had to go she had felt nothing. It might be his any work but not telling her about his whereabouts was reckless. 

A certain known fear had engulfed her whole being. A fear of losing. Someone had told her that they had to go, and then they never came back. She didn't want any similar thing to repeat. Not when she had given her whole self to the man with darkest black eyes. 

The fluttering pages of the books were screaming for her attention, so did the cold tea but then her attention was already owned by him who was long gone. Didn't he think about her before leaving like that?

The sudden knock on the large double door made her snap out of her musings. Panicked,she wiped the tears and took a deep breath in. The small creak had informed her of the presence entering the room making her look up to find one of the house staff.

"Mam Shameel sir is calling you in the living room."  She spoke, with utter humility and respect. Tabeer nodded at her words making the woman leave without any adieu.

Getting up from the window sill, her one favourite place she made her way towards the recliner. Her blue scarf was dangling down it making her pick it up and wrap around her head. 

Shameel had made sure to take care of her in Zoheb's absence. She couldn't be more thankful for that but then the void her husband had left couldn't be filled by anyone but him.

Entering the living room that was decorated by white walls and golden intricate designs she found herself nearing the sitting area where probably Shameel was. Her honey eyes were looking at the carpets as if it was the best thing in the world and when they looked up, the tears escaped. Not knowing anything else she almost ran in the familiar arms. 

A low sob escaped her lips making the man caress her head slowly. His familiar cologne was making her feel like home. Of course he was her home but before the owner of the dark eyes entered her life.