Chapter 6

I parked the bike in a hurry and didn't even bother taking off my helmet. I jumped off my bike, immediately bolting up the doorsteps and tried to open the front door. My hand went limp and I exhaled in relief when the door didn't budge open.

It's still locked.

No one broke in.

Casey's safe.

My legs suddenly felt like jelly and I lowered myself to a crouch in front of the door before my legs could give out on me.

I lowered my head, tucking it between my arms while both of my hands holding the back of my neck.

The police are no help.

The loan sharks know where we are.

I've got no back up.

Casey is not safe.

I stayed still, breathing in and out steadily as my mind recapped the situation I was in.

"Okay, think Bry." I spoke to myself, squeezing my eyes shut and forcing myself to think of a solution to get myself out of this mess.

I know that I can't blame anyone else but myself for the situation that I'm in but I can't afford to beat myself up for doing dumb things and getting myself into trouble. I still have to think of a solution to get Casey and I out of this mess.

My phone dinged with a new message and I fished it out of my pocket, rising to my feet after I feel like they've regained some of their strength.

I unlocked my phone and checked the new message from a group chat.

'Party at Jax's this Sat.'

Jax?

I've never been keen to attend his parties. They're always loaded with drugs and I have a feeling that I'll pick a fight with every guy in that party if I ever chose to attend.

The drugs they use makes them high and horny which makes them pretty much desperate horndogs who are willing to do anything to get some as soon as possible.

I've heard of a few of them getting sued for rape plenty of times but they always worm out of the lawsuit somehow.

But Jax, he gets his drug supplies from a Mafia gang. He's known for his affiliation with them. He was basically untouchable because everyone feared the people that stood behind him.

It hit me like a truck.

The Mafia.

Possibly one of the few groups of people that's reachable and tops the loan sharks in the food chain.

The enemy of my enemy is a friend.

I've got no one else to turn to now.

It was never in my plan to resort to turning to them for help but I honestly felt like there was no one else I can turn to.

I have to keep my sister safe at all costs.

Even if it means reaching out to a Mafia gang.

I put my phone back to my pocket and took out my housekeys, entered the house and got ready for bed as I came up with a plan on how to get in touch with the Mafia and get the help I need.

The next day, Casey shook my feet and woke me up.

"Bry! Quick! We're late!" She said in a hurry, still brushing her wet hair as she ran around the room to get herself ready quicker.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned, swinging my legs out of bed and stretched.

"Bry!" Casey snapped, watching me move so slowly.