Chapter 19

First thing I thought of was "Run!"

I looked at Dom with wide eyes that reflected the panic I was feeling.

This was not part of the plan.

Jax strolled closer to us. The guys holding Dom and I didn't let us move an inch.

I felt like a kid who just got caught trying to steal a cookie from the jar. No matter how much I flailed to get out of the dude's hold, he just wouldn't budge.

It took me a second to actually realize that Jax looked pissed and anxious more than joyful and excited for having caught us sneaking around.

"Do you realize what could have happened? You fucking idiots!" He cursed at us as he paced.

I looked at Dom, trying to make sure I didn't hear that wrong.

Why was he so anxious? I mean I get why he'd get pissed but anxious? Dom and I were the ones who're supposed to be anxious for having been caught red-handed.

Jax finally stopped pacing and turned to look at us, eyes still blazing. "You idiot are going to get us all killed."

"My fucking God." He cursed again, throwing his head back.

"Uh, sorry, but why the fuck are you freaking out again?" Dom finally asked. If he didn't I certainly would have.

I waited for Jax's answer as his eyes flew to Dom.

"Are you seriously asking me that question?" Jax asked him as if Dom was the dumbest person he has ever met.

Dom looked at me like he was trying to confirm he wasn't the only one wondering that and I shrugged to back him up. I honestly didn't get why Jax was getting so worked up.

"I introduced the fucking asshole to Quentin, you fucktards. Then, he got you in. If either of you so much as fucks up, Quentin's gonna have my head for bringing you guys in. I don't even know what he'll do to me if you guys start trying to plan shit against his circle. You're fucking lucky I predicted that this was gonna happen and made sure Quentin didn't send his men to get this package with me or we'd all be fucked."

My lips formed an 'O' as I finally got enlightened.

"Fucktards." Jax muttered again as he resumed his pacing.

After a while, he finally turned to the guys that were restraining Dom and I. "Search their phones and delete whatever they got."

The guys manhandled us and groped us to find our phones.

These guys were big enough and strong enough to actually hold Dom and I still with one arm and go through our phones with the other hand.

Before we realized what was happening, they were already flashing our phones in front of our faces to get our face ID to unlock our phones against our will. It was so quick that I didn't even realize what he was doing until the lock icon morphed into an unlocked one. I could only curse myself for not closing my eyes quicker.

As the guy holding me went through my camera roll and started deleting the pictures and videos I took, I could only try wrestle out of his grip one more time, thinking that maybe I'll have a better chance against just one of his hand. Sadly, even against one of his arms, I still failed to get out of his hold.

When they were done, they gave Jax our phones and let him decide what to do with it.

Jax looked at the two phones in his hands and tapped them together.

I sent a silent prayer to God that he wouldn't decide to do something like throw the phones to the water as I watched the phone in his hand be thrown in the air before he caught it again. I don't know what I'll do to the little shit if he wrecked my phone.