Ned blows up a piece of corn (It was an accident)

You were still clinging to the thought of that invitation. Now pondering whether it was wise to go. What if you or Ned got in a car accident on the way to Peter's house? You would never be able to shake the guilt of knowing it was going to happen and have done nothing about it. But then again, your "prophecy" could be wrong. It had happened before.

Like this one time, you thought that Michelle Jones was going to throw a book at you but still nothing had happened. It was simply a dud. But that was a month ago... What if your powers were keener to tell now?

You let it take over you, nothing was going to happen. You had to assure yourself of that. Sometimes your visions saw much bigger things, and they ended up being small. Like how you predicted an entire building to fall, but it was actually the gigantic pile of laundry that fell in your bedroom. Perhaps you saw the car crash from the movie. But you couldn't be too sure. 

PE was embarrassing because your thoughts were foggy and you forgot to do anything, standing effortlessly in the bleachers. You had forgotten your freshly washed gym shorts at home and had to borrow one of the senior girl's extra pairs, which was also extra-large. They looked like a long skirt with scrawny legs on you. 

You were glad to get your but into Health class to hide in shame. Also, Peter and Ned wouldn't be there to manipulate your final decision. You contemplated, wagering the upsides and downsides of going. But if you had learned one thing in the eight years of having this ability, it was that no one could change the future. 

"Y/N, Please restate briefly what topic MJ just covered." Mr. Pecan Folded his arms. 

"Uh..."You looked at Michelle hesitantly as if you could replay what she just reported, which you could not. Thankfully, you could see her notes sitting very clearly on her desk, almost as if she wanted you to see them. "The uh... Why Heroine Is Addictive." You read out loud. Mr. Pecan looked displeased. 

"Very well Y/N. Please pay better attention," he said with a touch of melancholy. After that you kept your head up, trying not to fall asleep to the drifty calm sound of Mr. Pecan's voice. 

You almost fell out of your seat when the bell rang but recovered by pretending to grab a pencil on the floor. You didn't want to spend any more time in that class. 

Your last period was an elective, which was related to decathlon and all sorts of "nerdy" things that you loved. Also, you had your final answer for Peter and Ned. And that was yes. Maybe you were crazy, maybe it was a bad idea. But it was also an open door you didn't want to see it get closed. 

You managed to squirm into your desk up on stage, where your class was supposed to meet. Your club had been accepted to the decathlon in Washington DC, and they were going to win this year. (Well, you knew that, but they didn't.)

"One, two, three, eight, nine... Ok, we're all here." Mr. Harrington announced. "Take your seats and we'll start practicing for the first time. Yay!" He said as if trying to energize a crowd of people. 

Peter sat down next to you. Suddenly you freaked out and started contemplating every decision you've made since you were a wee little child. 

"I understand if you don't want to go." He blurted out. "I mean, you don't really know us very well, and.."

"I'm going. I-I think it will be fun." You replied, heat rising to your cheeks. "What movie will it be?" 

"Oh-oh, um... Well me and Ned haven't really decided. Normally we end up squabbling over it for at least 20 minutes before putting a random one in... I shouldn't have told you that. Why did I tell you that?" He babbled. You chuckled.

"It's fine. Nothing rated R, I'm not into most of those movies..." You admitted.

"Oh, gosh how hard is it to take a seat that has a bell on it? I'm shocked." Mr. Harrington seethed. The few classmates there were there finally took their seats. "Take out your flashcards, it's study time!" He was suddenly cheery. "And on that note, is there any reason you can't study from between now and our trip?"