You and Liz go Skydiving in an Elevator

"Where's Peter?" MJ asked, just as the bus was about to head to the decathlon center. Mr. Harrington looked up at her in a daze, then looked around the bus. He obviously hadn't thought to do a headcount. 

"Sir?" Ned interjected. "Peter wasn't feeling well so he had his Aunt come pick him up." Ned lied. "But he probably will be back in time for the tournament." Your eyes widened with realization. He hadn't come back from wherever he went last night and now what you had seen was coming true! 

"Oh. Oh well um, tell him to notify me ahead of time." Mr. Harrington skimmed over his checklist. "Are we missing anybody else?"

"Yes! Joe!" Flash raised his hand.

"Joe who?" Mr. Harrington asked. 

"JOE MAMA!" Several kids teased in unison. Mr. Harrington cringed at his own mistake, the kids had pulled this several times on him before. You yourself wondered how he didn't see it coming every time. But Joe Mama had its ways. 

The bus began its way to the tournament building. Other schools were there too, all with much fancier looking buses than the one you were hauling your stuff off of. The fact that there were so many people, and how high the pressure suddenly was made you feel like you forgot all the facts you'd learned. Liz was going to kill you for sure. You almost forgot about Peter. Almost. 

Turns out you didn't forget your facts and that everything was fine. Your class was moving ahead of the other schools, and your confidence began to swell. Now it was just Midtown and one other school, and one last question to determine who was the champion. 

Michelle rang her bell and the questionnaire looked her dead in the eye. "Midtown?" She said with pursed lips. MJ took her sweet time answering.

"Zero." She finally said with a smug look on her face. 

"That is correct." The lady shook her head in disbelief. Your whole table erupted in cheer as the trophy was awarded to Mr. Harrington. You felt like all that effort was finally worth it, and this was the biggest trophy you've ever won. 

As a reward, your class was headed for the Washington Monument. You'd visited it yesterday but today you were actually going inside. 

"You're not going, Michelle?" Mr. Harrington questioned. "You were the reason we won today."

"No, I just don't feel like admiring something that was built by slaves." She crinkled her nose, looking up at the peak. 

"It wasn't built by-" Mr. Harrington looked over at one of the guards. The guard nodded solemnly. "Oh. Well um, enjoy your book." Mr. Harrington said as he chased after the rest of the class heading inside. 

You glanced over at Ned as you entered the tall stone structure. His phone was ringing, and he picked it up. You briefly saw Peter's name on the screen. 

"Dude where are you?" Ned hissed. "You totally missed decathlon and we won!" You couldn't hear Peter's side of the conversation. "A bomb? Wait what? Yeah, well we still needed you and-"

"Is that Peter?" Liz asked Ned. Ned glanced at her with a twisted expression. "can I talked to him?"

"Uh..." Ned didn't really reply as she grabbed the phone to lecture poor Peter.

"Hey, what were you doing?!" She whispered. This time you heard Peter's voice. 

"Liz?! I'm sorry can you hand the  phone back to Ned it's really important!" His voice sounded terrified. Now you wondered if what you'd seen had already happened, and if that was the case then why didn't he call you?

"Decathalon was important too. We could have used you ya know." She said trying to sound calm.

"Miss, no phones, please." A worker said to Liz and she handed him the phone without even hanging up. Before you yourself handed over your phone, you texted him. You had no idea why, but it felt like it was important.