Chapter 2: The Friend

I don't really like the thought of having a friend. Like what is their purpose? To be there? To be a slave or something, I do not know. I month has passed since I have accepted Aiden to become my friend. To be honest, I expect him to leave after a day or so. But he's still here, staying at my side. Aiden has gained a lot of friends in the campus, I don't what is special about him but he knows everyone and everyone knows about him. He was some kind of magnet where he attracts people onto him.

Where I was left behind because of all the friends that he has. I mean I do not care about him leaving me, I'll even celebrate when he leaves me. I'm not even likable and that entertaining but he still manage to forced himself to me. We always quote on quote bond, like friends do. We always walk home and he does the talking. The talker which is Aiden and me, Vincent the listener. Since I don't have much interesting events in my life, I just let him to do the talking.

Currently it is lunch time and I am in line getting my hotdog and chocolate milk. While Aiden on the other side is hanging out with his other friends at their lunch table. I looked at them and, they looked so happy.

What was I thinking?

Vincent you are an independent man that doesn't need friends.

I paid for my lunch and got to my usual table. The just me table, of course nobody wants to sit down with me.

Until today.

"Hey!"

This guy again.

"What?" I answer coldly as I took the bite of this delicious hot dog.

"Wanna hang out on our table?" Aiden said as he pointed their table, which consists of many many people.

Like five people.

It was too much.

"No." I said and drank my milk.

"But don't you want to meet my other friends. They're pretty likable and fun to be with."

"Let me think, no. Now go with your friends already. I already got you and you're a handful I must say." His sad turned into sadness as he walked away from my table onto his friend's table.

"Dammit."

I stood up and picked my plate. "Aiden, wait."

He quickly turned around and is face begins to shinned. Not literally of course, he quickly ran to me.

"Yes, Vincent?"

"Fine. I'll sit with your friends."

He started jumping like a kid, up and down, up and down. What is with this guy? What a kid.

As we slowly approached their table, I got nervous. I barely get nervous because most of the time I didn't care about things.

But why is this time different?

Breathe Vincent, breathe. 

"Hey!" The girl shouted. 

What should I say?

"Hey guys, this is Vincent Darren, my friend and also my new neighbor. And Vincent this is everyone."

They both greeted me with hello's, which I find very charming. 

Wait what am I saying?

Aiden introduce me to the four people here.

Gaila is the sweet and charming girl who greeted me earlier. 

Mackie, Gaila's girlfriend, who has this boy-ish type of look.

Jasper is the one the guy who apparently a talented kid. He has a band and can play all sorts of instruments. He said that his favorite is playing the guitar.

Last one is Zack, Zack is the youngest and the photographer of this group. He likes talking pictures and he uses Mackie and Gaila as his models.

"Welcome to the club!" Gaila greeted.

I hate clubs, I smiled sheepishly at Gaila, not trying to be rude or something.

Wait that does mean I am in their group?

"Welcome to the group!"

No I don't want!