Chapter 9: Our Last Night

Months have passed and it is May, means that another school year have come to a close. I got to know Annie more and she was really nice. We three got to hang together and it was really fun. Tomorrow is the goodbye batch party everyone is planning. Since it is our fourth and final year in high school, the admins prepared a farewell party. Which is nice to be honest.

"Don't forget to bright your tickets tomorrow night, alright class?" Our teacher said. "I will miss every each and one of you. Don't forget me when you all get to college all right!"

Our teacher burst into tears and everyone was crying.

Except me of course.

We took one last section photo before we head off.

I sure will miss this school. I never had really any outstanding memories except for the circle but other than that nothing else. On the bright side, people can forget me easily and that doesn't really bothered me. Aiden and I headed home, Annie couldn't come because she was going to hang out with her girl friends.

"Hey, Mackie invited us to her house. Everyone is there!" Aiden said and I agreed, it has been a while since we got together in Mackie's mansion.

Everyone was real busy, now that the school year is over. Jasper and his band won the national battle of the bands competition and now they got to have a record album which is pretty great. Zack's photography shop has been opened and now he has his own photography business he really wants since he was a kid. His father was funding the shop while Zack does all the photos. While Mackie and Gallie graduated a month ago, now they both applying for their dream collages which is great for them.

We arrived at Mackie's house and said that they were in the balcony upstairs. The usual spot, everyone was there and drinking beers. The sun is setting, I remembered like it was yesterday, when I was zoning out and I didn't know all these people. But that changes when Aiden became my friend and he introduced me to these wonderful and amazing people.

Maybe Aiden was right that I never reached the peak of happiness. That I was never really happy in the first place.

But now I am happy.

"Look at us! Complete circle!" Mackie announced and gave us beers. I opened it and gulped a bit.

The night consumed the sky, and it was a starry night again.

"Hey, I know some of you are graduating in the next days." Gaila stood up. "I just wanted to say that congratulations to Aiden, Zack and Vincent!"

"Cheers!" Jasper yelled and we all yulped our beers like there's no tomorrow.

It was one of the best night of my life.

The next day came and everyone was ready for the farewell party, yes, including me.

I got into my tuxedo and pants, my mother took a lot, I mean a lot of pictures before I got off.

"Mom! I got to go." I said and she took her last photo.

"My boy is growing so fast!"

"Okay, Mom! I really need to go."

My Mom hugged me one last time.

Surprisingly, Aiden was in front of our porch in his car and he's with Annie already.

"Looking good, Vincent!" Annie yelled and I just let out a smile. I ride the back seat and the three of us took pictures inside of the car. It was fun, the music was really loud and we just had our laughs out.

We arrived at the school's event and the event was jammed pack! The loud music can be heard outside and the lights continues to flash in and out of the event.

"Ready to go, babe?" Aiden asked Annie.

Just plain disgusting. I can almost puke at the word babe. So cheesy.

"You coming?" Aiden looked at me and I just nodded. The two went inside and I was left outside. It is so weird, to not have a date in these types of events. But why do I care?

"Aren't you coming?" A familiar voice I heard. I looked at her and it was Gaila.

I was shocked. What is she doing here?

"What are you doing here, Gaila?" I asked still in shocked.

"Take me as a friend and a date. A friendly date? I do have a girlfriend, don't tell Mackie." She chuckled and I just kindly accepted her offer. We went inside and it was full of people. In the middle people were dancing, some are drinking punch and some are taking pictures.

"So what do you want to do? I'm not really good at this date dance things." I said awkwardly and she let out a laugh.

"C'mon let's go dance." She offered her hand and I accepted it. Shouldn't I be the one whose asking her to dance? God, I'm terrible at these things.

She pulled me in the dancing where I can see Aiden and Annie dancing and we soon joined them. The music got slow and I knew that was it. Everyone was slow dancing and I panicked and hold Gaila at her shoulders. She laughed and took my hand and placed it at her waist.

"Didn't you experience slow dances before?" She asked and she placed her hands around my shoulders and we swayed slowly.

"No, I didn't really attend to these events. I don't like, you know, people. These things are pretty new to me and it was kinda fun."

"I'm glad that you're experiencing these things, Vincent. I know that you don't like having friends but you gave us a chance. I'm happy that I met you. I heard people been calling you names, but I liked that you just ignored them and you continued to just be you. When graduation starts, don't be afraid to try new things, Vincent."

I smiled at what she said. My heart started to fluttered and it was the most touching thing someone said to me.

"Thank you, Gaila." I smiled and we continued dancing.

Maybe I did change.

From being an introverted freak to having friends.