Chapter 10: Last Day

Today's the day, Graduation day. I can't believe that I'm already in college. I finally put my toga on, and wow, the feeling of relived that I was able to finish Grade School and High School. I know, I know college isn't that easy but I feel like it's going to be alright.

My Mom, of course, took some photos, a lot of photos. She was also dressed for the occasion, she was wearing this blue-dotted dress. We got into the car and right on time we arrived at school where everyone was taking pictures with their friends.

"Vincent!" Aiden yelled out and was waving. He was with Annie and the circle. Zack is also graduating from being a senior. Gaila and Mackie both are wearing dresses and Jasper is wearing a plain shirt and jeans.

"Look at you three! Graduating and moving to a higher ground. We are so proud of you." Mackie said and gave us a Congratulations. Aiden asked Annie if she could take a photo with the circle. Annie took the photo with five of us and later she joined. She even insist to take a photo of me and Aiden. It was nice and sweet.

With that, graduation finally started.

"Zack Abernation." The emcee called and we clapped our hands for Zack as he went up to the stage. Finally,  an event where he doesn't need to take pictures where he is the one whose being taken.

Finally it was Aiden.

"Aiden Amsterdam." Aiden happily climbed at the stage as we clapped our hands for him. He received his diploma and he has these big smile where you can see how happy he is. Well, I'm proud for him.

A few moments later, it was my turn.

"Vincent Darren Venezunia."

As my name was called out in the speakers. I quickly stood up and started walking towards the stage. I got a feeling, a feeling which I never experienced before. I can see everyone was looking at me, following every my every movement. And it was okay, maybe I do need some attention from others. Maybe I like the attention. I used to hate it but I feel like I need it, I need some attention sometimes. As I walked the stairs the principal was there waiting for me to shake his hand. I came closer and shook his hand as I accepted the diploma. I faced the crowd of people who are clapping. They are clapping for me.

It was an unusual scene.

But it made my heart flattered.

"Smile."

The photographer said.

And I finally smiled in front of many people.

Four Months Later. . .

I placed the flowers and sat down besides him.

"Hey Gerald, I'm finally a college student." I chuckled. "Remember when we promised that we'll go to our dream college together? Guess what! I've been accepted! It is very far so, I wanted to say goodbye. I'm doing this for you, for us! We did promised that we'll be job buddies. Don't worry, I'll never break that promise. I wanted to say thank you, Gerald. For the fun and amazing times that we had. I wish you're here right now, besides me as we go into our life. But I guess I could dream right?" I chuckled. "Thank you, Gerald. Goodbye."

I wiped my tear and got into my car. I started loading my stuff into my car as I head on to my- our college dream.

"You're really leaving, huh?"

A familiar voice I heard and I quickly turn around and saw Aiden and the circle was behind me.

"Yeah, I mean, it was our dream. Gerald and I." I said as I slowly approach them.

"I know." Aiden said and simply smiled.

"Hey, good luck out there." Mackie said and gave me a bracelet. "Something to remember me by."

"Oh yeah, me too." Gaila added and gave a necklace that spelled out Vincent.

"Me too." Jasper gave me a guitar pick and Zack gave a photo with all of us in it.

I started to tear up.

"You guys. Thank you." I said and wiped my tear away.

"Gaila, Mackie, Jasper and Zack. Thank you for everything. Thank you for accepting me into your life. I wouldn't come this far because of the impact that you had given me. I am forever grateful."

I quickly gave them a hug. The four of them started crying and I started crying. Damn these feelings, making me look weak!

As we let go of the hug, I looked at Aiden whose smiling.

"Aiden, I know I'm not the bestfriend you had or the bestest friend that you had. But I'm thankful that you came into my life, I didn't regret accepting you as my friend in the first place, even though you made me do it." We chuckled. "You introduced me to this world of friendship and saved me from my loneliness. I thought I wanted to be an introvert where I don't like the people, the attention. But you changed that, you helped me to become on what I am today. I gain friends because of you."

"Vincent."

Aiden started tearing up and quickly hugged me back. I hug him back. This is so painful so say goodbye to my best friend.

"You were never the best, you are the greatest friend that I could never had."

That made me tear up.

As we let go of the hug, I putted my backpack into the car.

"Thank you everyone. I will never forget you. The memories, the laughs, the cries, everything will stay from my heart." I said and gave them one last hug.

"Vincent take this." Aiden said and gave me a letter. "Thank you for everything, Vincent."

I hugged my bestfriend one last time.

That I got into the car and started the engine.

I started driving and looked at the side mirror where I can see them waving goodbye. I honked one last time.

"Come back alright!"
"We'll miss you!"
"Good luck!"
"Rock your life, Vincent!"
"Capture every moment, Vincent!"

They all yelled out and that made me smile.

Out of curiosity, I opened the letter Aiden gave.

"I finally made you smile, Vincent Darren."

I can't help but to smile.

And finally drove myself into the future.

I, Vincent Darren has an introverted life that turns into a wonderful life that I didn't expect.