Chapter 3: The Circle

"You don't really want me in your group right?" I nervously chuckle.

Please say yes, please say yes.

"No! I mean we want you into our group, Vincent. You seem like a fun guy!" Said Gaila.

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I never really saw myself as the fun one. Plus, like I said, I am better off alone. I never like to bother other people. I nervously chuckled at Gaila, not knowing what to say next.

To be honest, I don't want to be caught up on another circle.

"Of course he's a fun guy! That's why I introduced him to you guys in the first place!" Said Aiden. "He's in in our group, don't you want him guys?" He added, I was shocked at that last part.

What the hell, Aiden?

"Sure!" All of them said.

What the fuck am I getting sucked into? I do not applied for this at all.

Aiden glimpsed at me, he has that annoying smile poking at me. The face of that guy always gets me.

"Vincent, you should come to my house later. Think of it as a celebration of you becoming a member." Mackie said.

I was too shy to say anything, it's like I don't have a choice or anything so I had too agree.

"Great, we'll be there!" Aiden said and put his arm around me.

This guy, seriously.

School ended early because of some teacher's meeting. I was excited to go home but then I remembered, yes the house, the celebration.

Just thinking of those things made me cringe.

I am not really a party guy. When I am at a party, I just simply get my punch and drink alone at the couch. Just watching everyone at the house doing their own stuff, playing beer pong, drinking lots of beer and people making out.

Until the cops shown up and things weren't so fun.

"Ready?" Aiden asked and I simply nod my head.

"This is going to be so fun, Vincent!" Aiden said with glee, why is this dude always happy?

"Aiden, why did you said that I'll be part of your group. I didn't say that I wanted to be part of that." I said bursting the thoughts inside of me that I kept holding since lunch.

"Because I want you there. I want you to be happy."

"But I am happy." I simply answered, what is this guy saying that I am not happy.

"No, you're lying. You're not happy, I can see someone's eyes if they're happy or not."

"What are you some kind of super powered man who can see someone's eyes is the basis of happiness?" 

"You can say that." Aiden chuckled.

We remained quiet the rest of the trip, the thing that he said made me really doubt myself. Am I happy?

I am happy being alone.

I've lived like that in years and it doesn't bothered me.

Why is this time different?

Ah! Stupid Aiden making me think stupid thoughts. Stupid Aiden!

"And we are here." Aiden stopped walking and stopped at a huge house. Scratch that, it is a damn mansion.

Holy shit this house looks like a castle!

The gate automatically opened and we entered inside. There was a driveway that leads you on the front door. There was this fountain in the middle of the driveway. These are the types of houses that you can see in movies or books! I can't believe what am I witnessing right now! 

"Hey guys!" Mackie greeted us and lead us inside.

Everyone was there, Gaila playing with a brown-stripped cat, Jasper strumming a bass guitar and Zack scanning his camera maybe looking at some photos.

"Let's enjoy, shall we?" Aiden said with a smirk.

I sighed in defeat. Might as well enjoy it sooner or later.