Chapter 5: My Dear Old Friend

Four Years Ago

Four years ago, I was like fourteen years old, I had a best friend named Gerald and I treated him like a brother, we hang out everyday, I always came to his house and his family knew me. They treated me like a their own son. Gerald being an only child saw me as his brother.

"Hey Gerald!" I yelled outside as started throwing pebbles at the his bedroom window. "Gerald! Let's go hang!" 

Gerald stick his head out and yelled coming.

He went outside and wore his classic yellow hoodie, shorts and flip flops.

I invited Gerald to go swimming that day because I found a river and it is our tradition and goal to go swimming in all the rivers in our town. 

"So where are we going?" Gerald ask as we continue to walk to the river.

"Well, I found this river on the side of the town, of course we'll swim on it!" I said excitedly.

"What we're going on a swim! You should have told me this! I should have bought my swimming trunks and towel! Vincent you idiot."

I chuckled as how Gerald got so pissed. "Well I wanted to surprise you!"

I stopped walking as we approach the river. The water silently flow and the beauty of the clear blue water can be seen. 

"C'mon let's go!" I said and started to remove my shirt and sandals.

"Wait for me!" He did the same and removed his hoodie and flip flops as we went into the silent river.

We started splashing each other and I started laughing and Gerald started laughing too. I looked at him and he was smiling, I didn't realized that i was smiling too. This guy, Gerald, I am so lucky to have him as my best friend my brother and my partner-in-crime. 

After bathing, we started to dry off as we sat down on the side of the river. It was full of rocks but we don't mind getting our butts having pebbles and rocks. We watched the river flows and the fishes inside the river.

"Hey Vincent." Gerald called out.

"Yeah?" I looked at him but he was starting at the river.