Chapter 8: Pair Up

Chapter 8: Pair Up

It has been a week since Aiden and I fought. He looked pretty happy since he have his girlfriend to cheer him up. Me? I have no one. I mean not really, Jasper had been kind to me ever since the fight. He was there to accompany me, especially at lunch break. Where he was kind enough to be my friend at the rest of the week.

All of the students are gathered up in the field, where every year the school has this event where students and teachers alike need to pair up. The two pairs will compete with each other and play these random games. The pairs will try to eliminate the other pairs and the last pair standing wins a hundred dollars each.

It was entertaining to watch this events throughout the years. My teacher said that I should cooperate and join more of these competitions but I just scratch the idea. Why? Because one I don't have any friends to partner up with and second I don't like playing games. Remember, I don't like the attentions. Well, last month, Aiden did suggest that we should play in this year's pair up. I did considered it just for experience plus now I did have a friend. Until things goes to shit and Aiden screwed it up. So I have no choice just to watch this year, again. 

Who needs him anyway.

As I sat down in one of the bleachers to watch from afar. Because I don't like the noises and the cheering. I saw Aiden and Annie running towards our teacher. 

Of course they're signing up.

My heart ached.

Ah! Stupid! Just watch them eliminated and maybe I'll have a laugh.

"Hey Vincent." I looked up and saw Jasper.

"Yeah?" I said and stood up.

"C'mon we're gonna be late." 

He grabbed my arm and he ran. What the fuck? I was sitting quietly at my bench and this guy just pulled me. He ran and ran and I can feel my the shortness of my breath. Where the fuck is he going. Then I realize that he were getting near the field.

"Wait."

"Let's pair up!" He said with a big smile.

"What?" I said with a huge shock on my face. "Jasper, I don't play in these stupid competitions." I said and he let go of my arm. "I'm going back to my bench."

"But I already sign us up."