Chapter 4: The Life of Other

After Mackie's offered us some dinner, they decided to go to the balcony upstairs. They told me that it has an amazing view and since the sun is setting anytime soon. They told me, we should come and see it. 

Mackie's house has six floors in total, the sixth floor has a balcony and after a long way upstairs, we finally reached the top and just in time for a beautiful sunset.

"Wow." Is all I could say, I really like the sunsets it can give me feelings like relaxation and comfort.

Aiden putted his arm around my neck and greeted me with a huge smile. I looked at him with confusion. This guy really wants me to smile back, huh.

I focused my sight on the setting sun as the sun gets smaller and smaller. The bright night started to fill in the sky. The sky was dark and stars started twinkle, the cold breeze of air started to hit in my skin. I pulled out my hoodie and decided to wear it because it started getting cold real quick. 

"Hey, good idea!" Jasper said and everyone started to pull out their hoodies and started wearing them.

"Guys! Let's sit here!" Mackie shouted and pulled out a carpet and everyone sit in a circle. I decided to sat down with Aiden since I haven't really been comfortable with these guys.

"Since this is a celebration." Mackie said and pulled the cooler besides her and passes a beer around us.

Yes, I had beer before, it was bad when I first tasted it but the longer I drank that shit I never really cared about the taste. 

"Aiden and Vincent, we the members of The Circle are proud to announced that you are part of this family." Mackie announced and everyone clapped,  clapped shyly not trying to be rude because I don't want in the fucking circle.

"Whether you like it or not!" Zach joked, "Cheers everyone!"

Everyone raised their own canned beers, yes including me not trying to kill the mood. Everyone laughed and Gaila and Mackie shared a kiss, where also everyone cheered at.

"Thank you everyone, I am honored." Aiden said and finished his beer.

Everyone looked at me.

Oh God.

They want me to talk.

"Thank you also, for accepting me?" I said and let out a forced chuckle.

Vincent, such an awkward person.

"So what's your stories?" Gaila said as she lay down on her girlfriend's lap.

"Yeah, we wanted to know you more!" Jasper agreed and everyone's eyes are on me and Aiden.

"Okay, I'll go first." Aiden said and looked at me, the look that said 'You don't have to talk if you don't wanna' look.

"I am a transferee at this place of course, my Mom and Dad are divorced so I lived with my Mom. My Dad has my younger brother and my Mom decided to move out so she took me and we ended up in this place where my Mom's parents lived. My younger brother, Nathan was my best friend, he was there for me. He's been very understanding as a brother, of course I was the same. It just broke my heart when we got separated. Now video games are what keeps our bond together."

"That is so sad." Gaila commented and wiped her tears.

I looked at Aiden and he was smiling but his eyes says that he's not happy. I get it, I shouldn't be tough on the gut. But he really gives me the irritating vibes.

"How did you and Vincent met?" Zack asked and now all eyes are on us.

"Oh, thattt." Aiden looked at me with a sheepishly smile.

Oh no.

"Well me and Vincent were on the same class and he was my seatmate. When I first saw him, I immediately said that 'yep that's the one whose going to be my best friend'. There's something about Vincent that would click between me and him. So a week after I insisted that I will become his best friend. It wasn't easy but I defeated him and he finally agreed."

"Aww that's so sweet!" Gaila said. "I can see you two being besties!"

"Agree!" Everyone shouted.

"Heard that? Everyone agreed that we should be best friends." Aiden whispered.

I rolled my eyes and took another sip of my beer.

"How about you, Vincent?" Jasper asked and now all eyes are on me.

My anxiety went up, I don't really liked being looked at.

"Uhm-"

"It's okay if you don't want to share your story, Vincent." Zack said and looked at me as he could read what am I feeling.

"No, I mean- yeah sure."

I never liked the idea of speaking in front of people because I can get really nervous. Plus I don't like the attention that people are giving me. But when I saw Aiden spoke up, I wanted to try, I wanted to try to speak and open up more.

"Okay here's my story."