chapter 6

(Miral's dress above)
It was Sara api's nikkah today. Day passed in a blur and now I am hanging my dress for her valima which is supposed to be tomorrow.
___
After 3 months
Its been 3 months to Sara api's wedding. She is happy and contented in her home. I am also glad for her.
That day when Sara Api was signing on her nikkah it somehow memorized me my nikkah day when I was signing. Ali was beside me. I was angry at dad but little did I know that he was a guest for sometime..
Again thinking about that, tears started rolling down my cheeks which I wiped quickly  and went to mom's room who was calling me.
" yes mom! You called me?"
" yeah miral I want to discuss something with you."
I sat beside her on bed.
" Go ahead."
"Actually miral its been 2 years and 3 months to your nikkah and.."
"And what mom.."
I raised my eyebrow.
"And I am thinking for your ruksati. I mean how many years you will stay like this being married but still as unmarried."
"Mom am I a burden to you?"
"No my dear ! I just want you to be happy like Sara in your home with your husband. Blessed and contented."
"But who will look after you?"
" Rushna is here na she will take care of me."
"OK as you wish I don't have any problem if it makes you happy ."
I smiled to her.
"Good ! I will talk to zarar's mom tomorrow now you go and sleep."
She kissed my forehead.
I left for my room..
Rushna is our maid. She is with us since 5 years. She is so humble and caring girl. She is 23 years old and a sister to me and Sara Api.I know she will take good care of mom. But is it the only thing which worrying me? Whatever it is I believe on ALLAH SWT that He will make everything OK for me . In Sha ALLAH.
I pulled the duvet over me and closed my eyes.
Decembers are seem to be more cold sometime..
______
Zarar's p.o.v
I don't understand why mom is compelling for miral's ruksati. I mean when  we  both are living peacefully then let us be.
But these moms are beyond my thinking...
I wore my jacket and  took my car keys and went out of my room to go airport. Today my beloved Dada Jan and dadi Jan are coming from their England trip And I have to receive them otherwise my dear Dada Jan will kick me out of my house.
Isn't it great?
_____
Third person's p.o.v
In these three months they didn't talk to each other. Neither she called him nor he did. He was thinking that if she is not willing to talk to him then why should he call?
And she was afraid to call him. She was afraid that what will she do if he doesn't accept her?
She had her own fears. While he had no feelings for her now...
They were like opposite poles but they forgot one thing that opposite attracts..

Zarar's p.o.v
"Ohh gentleman you have grown up into handsome hunk."
"Thankx Dada Jan."
Dada Jan said and everyone burst into laughter. This is my Dada Jan and I love him to the moom and back and can do anything for him.
" OK now everybody move to the dining hall. Its time for family dinner. "
Today mom invited Sara Bhabhi and Abdullah. My Khala and phupho's family is also here. Mom also invited miral and Nusrat aunty. So Nusrat aunty is also here but again SHE is not here. Sometimes I think that if she doesn't want this relationship then why she is pretending to accept me and this relation. That day at Abdullah's mehndi she was looking like a fairy. I could not control myself and kissed her forehead. I wanted to give her all her rights but what can I do if she is not willing. Like today she didn't come saying that she is not well when I know she is fit. She is just making excuses. Its not like that I am dying to see her .
I have to do something about this soon...
_____
Dinner was done and everyone was gathered there in launch. Now I have to talk. I have to tell everyone my decision.
"Attention please."I clapped and everyone looked towards me attentively.
" I want to make an announcement. "
"Go ahead."
Dada Jan said and baba signaled me to continue.
"I want to divorce miral."
Just when I said that everyone gasped and a low scream caane from Nusrat Aunty's mouth.
But soon everyone's attention was drifted to the shattering sound of broken glass.
I turned to see only HER.
She was standing there all dolledup. I can see tears beaming in her eyes.
Is she sad? But this what, what she wants, then why thses tears? Oh yeah! Crocodile tears! To get everyone's attention. She moved Back and turned to go out.
Miral's p.o.v
It's been 3 days today, me being in high fever but I didn't tell anyone.I don't to make anyone worry.
Today zarar's mom invited us for dinner. Mom and rushna went cause I was not feeling well so I didn't go but now I am on my way to their house.I don't know why I am getting this type of feeling that I should go bo matter what. Something is to be happen and that something was making me worried and besides zarar will surely think I didn't come without any reason or I didn't want to come or I am ignoring him. When we have to be together soon then why not try!
I smiled. I am contented and haply that I am making move. Today I got ready wholeheartedly. I seriously want him to praise me.
(Miral's dress)

I got out of the taxi, payyed my fare and moved towards the main gate which was already open

I asked maid and she said that everyone is in launch.
"You wait! Let me  tell Sumaira Api .."
She said but I interrupted her.
"No! I want to surprise everyone and especially Zarar."
She nodded her head and moved to the kitchen.
I spoke last part as whisper...
Especially Zarar..
When I entered the launch what I heard was enough for snatching my breath.

"I want to divorce miral.."

I didn't know when I mistakenly pushed vase which was placed on side and everyone's attention shifted towards me. There were tears in my eyes. I moved back and took taxi and came back hnoe. All my way I was crying, crying and nonstop crying.

When I reached home I snatched ear rings threw my duppata on floor and started crying like there is no end.
After crying for almost an hour which felt like forever, I went to washroom changed my clothes and did my ablution (wuzu), spread my prayer mat and stand for Esha prayers.
After prayer I started making suppletion.

"O ALLAH! The merciful! In these years this was the first time I made a move. Why ? Why it happens to me every time? Whenever I want to be happy something bad happens why? Am I that bad? That he can't live with me, that he wants to divorce  me. Please ALLAH it was the knot tied by my dad I don't want to break this. Please show me the best and right path the path which leads me to happiness.
(Ameen)"

I folded prayer mat and put it in my drawer. I turned back and saw mom standing there. Seeing her there again remembered me about dad which made me cry.
"No no miral don't cry. You are my strongest child. "
She sat beside me on floor and started patting my back.
"Mom why? Why it always happens to me mom why! I have become tired of being strong. I always gives my  shoulder to everyone why don't they understand that I m also a human I also have heart which wants love..."
This is my end now I can't take any more.
When I was done crying she said something which made me shocked.
"Now stop crying otherwise our bride will not look beautiful tomorrow."
I looked at her with a jolt.
"What!" I asked in a low voice which was nothing more than a whisper.
"Yeah!tomorrow is your ruksati. He will come to take you."
"And what he said before about divorcing me.."
"Shhh! Don't recall that words again. How can your mom let you cry han? And besides it was the knot your father tied. "
She kissed my forehead.
"I will never ever let this relation end till my last breath no matter what he does to me its my promise ".
I smiled and wiped her and mines tears.
" Now sleep, good night."
She went out of the room
Thankx ALLAH SWT you are the best.
I touched my locket and a lone tear slipped on my cheek.
I miss you dad and you too ALI too much.