5

EVIE

High heels. When and why did I ever think this would be the best decision for footwear. Especially if I knew my night would consist of drinking, drinking and oh right - drinking. Idiocy was one of my least pretty qualities. 

Presley holds onto my arm as we stumble out of the cab. She throws some money towards the drivers direction slurring a flirty thank you. He only chuckles before driving off. Stumbling, we make our way into my apartment. Giggling and whispering like drunken school girls - of which we were. Presley begins to ramble off about how good Taylor Swift’s newest album is. Her drunken voice slurring into an ear-bleeding rendition of Wildest Dreams. 

“Shh, y-you’re too l-loud!” The words slur out of my lips in drunken laughter.

“But it’s such a good song. It’s my jam! ‘He’s so tall, and handsome as hell. He’s so bad but does it so well,” she shouts, her arms flailing above her head. We both erupt into a fit of laughter. I was quite positive the whole neighbour hood could hear our drunken giggles. Presley pushes me into the wall. A boisterous laugh emitting from inside her. “Shhh!” 

Wildest dreams, ahhh ahhhhhh.” 

This only stirs her drunken giggles creating a domino effect. We both slump to the ground, our heels falling from our hands. I cover my mouth as tears begin to stream down my cheeks. A direct result from too much vodka shots and of course - winning quarters. 

“Tonight was fun,” she says. Her arm draped over my shoulders, pulling me closer into her.

“It was,” I hum in agreement. 

“Did you see Ryder’s face when you threw that last quarter into his cup? Priceless!” She whisper-yells, her own eyes glistening over with drunken tears. “He so wants you. If he didn’t want you before, he definitely wants you now. You completely won him over with your throwing capabilities.” 

“Because every girl wants to win a boy over with her drunken wins.” 

“He was willing to give you your prize,” she wiggles her eyebrows suggestively. 

My cheeks begin to heat, embarrassment flooding over me. “God - he was so drunk. You’re so drunk. I’m so drunk.” 

“He is so in looove with you. ‘Oh Evie, you’re so beautiful.’ ‘Oh Evie, I want to fuck you’,” she mocks, lowering her voice to match Ryder’s own. “The boy has it bad for you. You’re so damn lucky too. Every girl wants his hot ass. Why won’t you give him a shot, Eve?” 

I cover my heated cheeks in embarrassment. Memories of only a half hour ago beginning to resurface. The shocked, but completely impressed, expression that was plastered across Ryder’s drunken face after I had beaten him in the final round of quarters. The way his tongue glided over his lips in a sexual lust filled way. How his arms wrapped around me - congratulating me for my deserving win. The attention that Ryder constantly showed me was flattering. It made me feel a certain way that I wasn’t yet sure if I liked it or not. But God, was he sexy. 

“You’re the Queen of his castle!” Presley shouts. Her knees wobbling as she tries to stand herself up. “And I say, let him fuck you!” 

“Shh!” I somehow manage to stand myself up. My own knees wobbling in drunkenness. “Not so loud. My neighbours will be so mad.” Presley only giggles more. 

As my best friend continues to laugh to herself, I fish through my clutch for my key. How was it that whenever alcohol was involved, measly tasks that were easy to accomplish sober suddenly become rocket science. My eyes were beginning to grow cloudy with sleep, only making this daunting task even more difficult.