08

NATALIE

NATALIE

"Rise and shine Natty poo!"

My body tensed as his overtly cheerful voice, jolted me out of my peaceful sleep.

I rolled over in the large bed to look at the clock sitting on the nightstand, before groaning in response,

"Kai it's five in the morning. What the hell are you doing?" I snuggled farther into the silk sheets trying to chase the last bit of sleepfull bliss, as I felt the bed dip next to me,

"Well I was sleeping, and then remembered that I've been stuck in a prison world for like 18 years," I peeked out of one eye, seeing Kai's form sitting cross-legged beside me, "And I absolutely hate it here if you can believe it, and the only thing stopping me from leaving, is stuck in that thick skull of yours." I swatted his hand as I felt him poke the back of my head, "So here I am."

I slipped the pillow from under my head, tossing it somewhere in Kai's general direction,

"I will be more than happy to join you, thick skull intact, when the sun is actually up." I muttered, yawning, "Now get out of my room before I go get that steak knife."

I could see Kai's smirk even with my eyes closed as he antagonized me, "Actually it's Damon's room if I remember correctly. But if I'm being honest, I spent a lot more time watching you drool back in my good old spying days."

He didn't need to remind me, as I shivered at the thought of him peeping through my window, or something as equally creepy and weird,

"I thought we agreed you would stay at your end of the house?" I questioned.

"I got bored." He mused, "It's all dark and weirdly musty on that side of the house. Not good for my asthma." I rolled my eyes as he went on, "My eyes get all red, and I start coughing up all kinds of gross stuff." I scrunched my nose in disgust, "Not a pretty sight." He agreed, "So I came over here, because you agreed to talk to me. And I plan on collecting."

I sighed, fully awake now, "I agreed we could speak to each other when we had to, not at the butt ass crack of dawn Kai." I kicked the sheets off, turning upright in the bed. "I did not agree to personal wake up calls. Not to mention you probably would've smothered me with that pillow if I didn't have that spell trapped in my thick skull." I tapped my head sarcastically for emphasis, as he grinned at me,

"Aw." He fake pouted, "I thought we had finally put all that stuff in the past Natalie. After you tried to jump my bones yesterday I assumed we were buds, pals, non-killing frenemies even."

I blushed at the "jumping" him comment, settling back comfortably into my mattress, "Not likely." I shut my eyes again, trying force Kai to leave by sheer mental willpower.

The last thing I would ever do is become Kai Parker's friend. The aching wound on my abdomen, made sure of that. Along with the memories of just about every other encounter we've had.