22

KAI

KAI

"If you're planning on using this delicious breakfast in one last attempt to finally poison me...I think I'd like to say a few words first."

I paused what I was doing, raising my head to look at her, taking in the way she stood uncertainly in the doorway, the familiar nervous smile on her face, like she was unsure of how to approach me.

It reminded me of the first couple weeks we spent in that ugly old house, dodging each other's very existence. Like if we skirted quietly around each other we could forget the other was even there at all.

And here we were, six months later doing the exact same thing under totally different circumstances.

How times have changed.

"Poison isn't really my style," I informed her l, resuming my previous activity, "I prefer more intimate methods, stuff that gets the blood flowing so to speak."

To my relief she didn't glare at me, or go off on a rant about how immoral it was to joke about murder but instead, I heard her half scoff, half snort at the bad play on words, slowly moving from the entryway into the kitchen now that the awkwardness had been broken,

"Well that's reassuring for me isn't it?"

I had to do a double take when I saw the Wilson High Woodchucks t-shirt she was currently wearing before realizing she must've snatched it from the laundry or something after taking advantage of the free amenities.

I had to say though, it looked much better on her than it ever did on Jo. Even if it was just a bitter reminder of that overpopulated, underfunded hell I had been forced to attend for four years.

The only redeeming quality being that it was the only place I was allowed to go that wasn't overrun by Geminis, and instead of being the freaky witch outcast, I was instead just...forgotten.

While Jo was everyone's favorite little prom queen, I was simply left to be the scary twin brother constantly shut inside the mansion on the hill, a role I was completely fine filling.

It meant for seven hours a day, five days a week, people just left me the hell alone, and that's all I really wanted.

"So it's an apology breakfast then?" She questioned, eyeing my creation hesitantly, "Because I should probably let you know my forgiveness isn't so easily bought by something as trivial as a home cooked meal."

She was acting like I didn't already know that? Girl knew how to hold a grudge, and the lack of aggressive, mind blowing sex last night was proof enough.