Chapter VIII

The sound of buttons being pushed are heard. The control room is full of servants and lights, any sign of stupidity is thrown out just for this moment.

The strange thing about the Fate system within Chaldea is that summoned servants weren't removed from the potential pool once they've arrived. The Throne of Heroes was still a difficult concept to grasp for most, and the idea that servants could be summoned multiple times to the same plane of existence was an unusual reality. Two Jeanne's fighting against one another in France solidified the idea for Chaldeans earliest arrivals, but it was far from the last time servants had encountered themselves. But the Fate system of Chaldea, through its artificial methods, handles duplicates in a much different manner than a Holy Grail.

The duplicate begins to take form, much as it did at this very moment, but in the wake of the fading prana the figure would remain transparent. They would soon fizzle and collapse into themselves, forming a floating orb of rainbow color much like the saint quartz used to power the system. While it did not happen this time, occasionally a noble phantasm would also form, taking on a feint image of the respective item or concept underneath the orb. The luminescent sphere would remain until the proper servant came to absorb it, granting them several important aspects.

The Professor has later on found out about a small little ingredient which allows the Servant of the said class to gain their forgotten memories. Because the throne only delivers an assembled, class-appropriate embodiment of a real heroic spirit, memories from timelines were often removed. These "ingredients" were later called Memorial Essence. These can be summoned any number of times from the Fate System. By doing so, a servant can become a little closer to the real heroic spirit in the grail.

These extra experiences from different classes or lost timelines help to boost the power of a servant's primary noble phantasm. Sometimes they even granted access to another noble phantasm the current class could normally not use. If enough were gathered to provide a servant with enough memory clarity, it may also be plausible to shift a servant's class container by manipulating the Saint Graph. However, that was a timely process that took an entire day to complete with significant setbacks and requirements.

Duplicate summoning or not, they were far more desirable than getting another black key mystic code.

Bliss, in her own way, let one of her Servants do the experimenting so that she won't have to. Fortunately since today the Professor is going to another meeting.

The turquoise haired girl zoomed passed many employers before she came in front of his face. "Yo! How are you doing? Is the Memorial Essence here?".

Archimedes only scoffed. "Be realistic, creating something as complicated as a Memorial Essence takes more than just three days".

Bliss pouted, crossing her arms over her grey sweater. "I thought you finally stopped the logical b.s".

Archimedes glared at his Master before he shrugged. "I don't really care much for your despicable language young lady".

"Whatever. Tell me when you are done for that potion for Lancelot".

                   «•••=[ΞΞΞ[ φ ]ΞΞΞ]=•••»

    Chapter VIII: The Logical Answer To Life.

                   «•••=[ΞΞΞ[ φ ]ΞΞΞ]=•••»

The Caster grabbed the cup of coffee from his desk and takes a big gulp from it. Letting the aroma take over his senses he blinked a few times to shake off any sense of fatigue. It was indeed a very hard time now. He had to rework on the mad enhancement potion since Blossom's death and it meant more work for him.