Chapter XIII

With a chuckle, Emiya looked into his mirror to fix the collar on his crimson polo. Running a hand through his loose, white hair, he visually ensured the top was tucked into black slacks. With a small sigh, he fiddled with the glossy belt as his eyes wandered across his room. Since it was devoid of almost any furniture, save for what a white-haired caster would request for him, the eyes landed on the only interesting furniture besides a full-length mirror. As his eyes gazed at the cabinet next to the lone sofa, there was a knock at the door, but it did not slide open.

"Uncle Emiya! You wouldn't mind to wake up Buttercup?"

"Sure thing Bubbles."

As the footsteps faded away, he walked to the cabinet and stared at the craft coins displayed on a shelf. There were three in total, though a fourth had been gifted to his adoptive mother who is now in the Medical Bay. One displayed Arturia in a blue Christmas outfit holding a present, while a second depicted a purple-haired magus wearing her mystic code with a determined stare. Though his gaze lingered a little longer on the King of Knights' own, it was the newest craft coin that had most of his current attention.

Formalcraft. It synergized well with his combat style, which amused him upon testing it yesterday. Usually the Chaldean masters would keep the first copy of a craft coin, but thanks to all the training and advising the archer had done in the first month, it was given as another token of appreciation. Bonnie told him that it was also a token of gratitude ever since he arrived. When Buttercup saw the coin she immediately suspected Arturia to be his lover. Emiya really had no problem talking about Rin in a positive light since he only had positive memories of her; next to the whole betrayal thing.

He did talk well of her and many others. What did surprise him was that she had become the conceptual image of a craft coin. Every time he stared, that last conversation always played once more in his mind.

"Yeah... I know. I'll do my best... I'll do my best so that he won't get twisted like you. I'll do my best so that he will be able to like himself...! So you should also..."

'Forgive yourself.' She did not put it into words in that farewell, but he understood clearly. He engraved the girl's smile with pride into memory.

Within that golden sunrise, that smile he wore was the same as the idealistic boy he loathed so much. Emiya had told her he would, though the usual workings of the throne made it a false promise or so he thought. He was not an idealist, nor was he an idiot, but Chaldea's unique circumstances gave him the chance he needed. Over the months he's been here, he had found a comfortable balance between the extremes. It had been difficult at first, but if that fool could persevere, then he could too.

He smiled. "I hope you didn't break our deal, Tohsaka."

«•••=[ΞΞΞ[ φ ]ΞΞΞ]=•••»

Chapter XIII: Some Sweet Promises.

«•••=[ΞΞΞ[ φ ]ΞΞΞ]=•••»

*Yawn!*

"Was your dream that nice, Buttercup?"

"Hmm. Yeah, something about me being a archer champion."

"Well, after last week I wouldn't be surprised if you did became one."

Emiya chuckled seeing her blush. The two are currently now walking through the halls of Chaldea both wearing their respective uniforms. Even though Buttercup is a master she isn't allowed to go through singularities she is allowed to participate in other jobs like the kitchen in the cafeteria and Salon De Marie.

Emiya stared at them as he continued his stroll back to the residential area while lost in pleasant thought. There was a hint of a smirk still on his lips as he walked the nearly empty, spacious hallway; He had clearly enjoyed breakfast with Jeanne and Irisviel. His enthusiastic mother had always been one of the sunnier individuals, but it had been great watching his former servant warm to up the place since her arrival.