Chapter XVII

May ended and June began.

Shakespeare hummed softly at the library's front desk, happily penning his newest creation. He lifted an arm to stretch as it pulled against his green dress shirt. With a smile, his humming continued as a mop of blue organized a cart behind him. Further away, Helena's hair peeked out from one of the central aisles. Her flying familiars buzzed gently through the air, reorganizing books with her quiet commands. It was another usual day at the library which remained permeated with near-stillness. Belle only managed to like this atmosphere for only a little.

Unfortunately, silence was no longer her supporter, as of late.

A lone page flipped to break the silence, but it could not tear her back to reality. She sat on her regular couch, on her usual break, but it was no longer the same. Her current book lay open in her hands, but her blank eyes behind her brown bangs only glazed over the words without comprehending them. What is this type of feeling?

"Nervous or something?" Hans asked once he picked up the book from her lap. Belle only turned to him.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm finally having a fever?" Belle questioned, Hans placed the back of his hand on her forehead.

He stared at her for a while before shaking his head, a smirk visible. "Nope. Seems like you are just uncomfortable without your usual cloak around."

"I did promise Gilgamesh that I would wear something else," Belle admits while Hans sat down next to her.

"Another hour or so and you will summon another Servant. You sure you're not nervous?" Hans asked again, his chin being supported by his hand.

Belle looked up at the ceiling for a quick ponder. Glancing to the Caster, she nods her head. Hans chuckled as he slightly flicked her forehead.

Was that it? Was she nervous? That would be rather troublesome considering how a Servant would react to a stupid species like her. Could it be that whoever she summons will have a reaction? What if she summons him? The one who angered Jeanne or the assassin Semiramis who hurt Jeanne? She knows that the Ruler is forgiving but would she still remember her?

Or..?

Glancing to Hans, she pondered before finally finding her words.

"Will I summon an Alter Ego?" Belle asked, making Hans topple over. Glaring daggers at the ground.

"What?! Where did you even get that idea from?!" He whispered once he was again close to her face.

"I heard miss Tamamo complain about it when Jeanne forced me to enjoy the beach. She complained how a certain nail woman annoyed her, or something." Hans gave a sigh of relief before he turned to her again, his arms crossed. "How could it be that someone like you think to summon such a rare Servant?"

She shrugs. "I don't. I'm just curious."

Hans sighed before he stood again. "I have nothing to do at least so let me bring you to the Summoning Room. I bet Jeanne was busy with something."

Belle nodded, standing up and walking next to the Caster. They passed lots of people. Servants smiled at the duo.

The two pass many corners before going inside the elevator. Going five floors down, the two walk further and go straight inside the shiny room.

"Good day, Belle," Galahad greeted them, his battle attire gone to show his normal outfit. Fou is resting on his shoulder. "I hope you are ready for this."

"Thank you for your concern, Galahad. But I can handle this. It's my job as a Master," Belle timidly said, gripping the hem of her skirt.

The Shielder smiled before patting her head. "Don't worry, Belle. It's okay to be scared."