Chapter XI

An arrow whistled through the air before impaling itself through the center of another shaft three hundred meters away. A target fifty meters closer was briefly illuminated before it was hit by a fireball, then quickly frozen by a secondary strike. It was just the usual business at the Chaldea shooting range, an outdoor area in the north wing where servants could freely practice their ranged abilities on easily produced targets without worry of damaging the facility. Its entrance point was renovated from a section of the storage garage where cargo supplies formerly arrived. Rebuilt with a large awning, benches, and several lockers, the garage now served to shelter servants from the elements when the targets are being replaced or the snowfall increased dramatically.

The crack of a matchlock precedes a round tearing clear through three moving targets that lined up at the precise moment. With a grin, black-clad wielder readjusted her peaked cap that sat atop ebony hair, and wiped the snow off its large golden emblem. A red-banded accent on the headwear matched the flowing, crimson cape that waved in the wind to her left, held on with a golden badge. With a chuckle, she eyed new targets in her port's range.

She shifted her golden armored boots back into a balanced position before adjusting the katana on her left. A new musket materialized in the air before her and she grasped it with one of her white-gloved hands, swiftly pointing it at a new target before squeezing the trigger with practiced grace. The weapon released its payload with a crack, tearing through the throat of the silhouette forged by projection magecraft.

Glancing to her right she sees her future new Master holding onto her bow and arrow clumsily. Her black hair is now tied back in a short ponytail which matched her black leotard and green shorts. Her green fingerless gloves repositioned her bow as a new arrow is given to her. Tapping her green shoes on the ground, she positioned the arrow back on the bow and began to shoot again.

Oda Nobunaga smirked once again. It had been a day since Nursery Rhyme got grounded for ruining Belle's debut and the demon archer now had a reason to train her master for her debut. Emiya has to do something today so she, being the "kind" person as she is, decided to train her for the Archer class. She isn't all half bad, in fact when she trains a bit then maybe she will be capable of holding a rifle one day. She is the best master. Well, second best compared to Bliss.

"Your doing better than usual! Did you practice without my notice?" Nobunaga teased as she summoned another musket and pulling the trigger. In a chorus of orchestrated fire, all muskets fired as one and blew apart the visible targets.

Buttercup shrugged as Nobunaga stopped to turn towards her new Master. "I don't really want to call it practice. But for some reason it feels like I had always held onto a bow and arrow."

The archer raised her eyebrow at the sudden chill running down her spine. Turning to Buttercup she watched how the girl once again hit another target with her clumsy archery skills, which didn't surprise the Japanese Warlord much. "I wouldn't be so surprised if you had a demon in you," Nobunaga mumbled.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Buttercup asked a bit offended.

Nobunaga laughed as her muskets let out fire. "Not at all, Master! I'm just saying that even children have a very dark side to them," she said with a grin.

Buttercup frowned at those words but did turn to her blankly, "Just because I'm contracted to you that doesn't mean that I'm the same like you, Oda Nobunaga."

The archer chuckled. "Glad to know! There is no one that is as powerful as the demon archer, Oda Nobunaga, Big Fool of Owari—!"

"And the Demon king of the Sixth Heaven," someone interrupted. The two turn to see the offending the person and their eyes widen.