Chapter eleven

It was currently Monday and I just arrived at my locker. Veronica and Steph unfortunately weren't here today because they were sick from the party. That's what happens when you drink too much. I hate when they are out because they are the only friends I have here which is sad. My day is usually pretty boring without them. Because Veronica is sick I had to walk to school which wasn't that bad.

I sighed as I grabbed my English and biology books from my locker before slamming it shut. I turned around and immediately locked eyes with Aaron. He looked good today. His curly brown hair looked all messy but looked good on him regardless. He was wearing a pair of black jeans with a white hoodie. I quickly walked away and made my way to first period which was Biology.
After a few minutes people began to file in and started filling the seats. I watched as Aaron and some of his friends made their way to their seats.

"Okay everyone take your seats so we can begin the lesson" the teacher said. Once everyone was seated he continued.

40 minutes later
"Ok so you might all pay attention for the last 10 minutes of class. I will be assigning you all with a project which will be 25% of your summer grade. Throughout the year I will be giving you more and more projects which will also count towards your finals. So if you put in the work you will do good. I've decided that I will let you pick your partners but if I don't see progress I will pair you all up myself. Fair enough?" He asked and we all nodded "You can pick your partners now then. If you don't have one see me at the end of class. Also your project can be anything but it must be something relating to biology"

Everyone got up and started looking for partners to work with. Times like this I wish Veronica and Steph were here. I got up and began my walk of shame to the teacher so he would get me a partner but was cut of abruptly.

"Where are you going" i turned around and saw Aaron standing behind me
"I don't have a partner so I'm going up to him like he said" I replied "you do now" he said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion
"No I don't I just said I-" I began saying
"I'm talking about me silly" he laughed
"Oh....but don't you want to do it with your friends" I said pointing over to his friends who were looking over at us but quickly looked away when we caught them.
"I'm hurt love I thought we were friends" he said in sad voice. He held his hand to his heart pretending like I hurt him.
"Yeah but you've only known me for like what? A week? You have known them a lot longer"
"Ok then if you want to work on your own then" he smirked and began walking way. Fucking idiot.
"Wait!" I said running over to him and grabbed his hand so he would turn around. He turned around with the biggest smirk on his face like he knew I was going to call after him.
"Yes love"
"Fine you can be my partner for the project" I mumbled
"Didn't quite head that. Maybe repeat it a bit louder love" he said. Why does he keep calling me that?
"You can be my partner" I spoke up. "louder" he said again trying to prove his point.
"I SAID YOU CAN BE MY PARTNER FOR FUCKS SAKE" I yelled
"Mrs Davis do I need to remind you that bad language is not permitted on school grounds" the teacher said. Everyone looked back at me and I grew red in embarrassment. "No sorry sir it won't happen again" I apologised
"You are right it won't. Detention after school" he said. My jaw dropped open. Is he serious? I could hear Aaron snickering beside me. That little shithead.
"Mr Lee you can join her since you find it hilarious for me to give out to other students"
"What? Sir I can't I've practice after school today" he begged. "Well then you can explain to your coach what happened" just then the bell rang. "Class dismissed" and he walked out of the classroom. I turned around and gave Aaron the deadliest glare ever and began walking away.
"Hold up. Wait. Sierra!" He yelled running after me and dodging a few people on the way "I'm sorry" he apologised.
"Sorry? You're sorry? I can't believe I'm actually getting detention and it's all because of you"
"I know but on the bright side we could work on the project together" he smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Plus if it's your first detention they don't put it on your record so you're lucky"
"Wait really?!" I said in a hopeful voice.
"No dummy of course not. But at least people will see you as a bad ass now" he encouraged
"Ughhhh you are so annoying"
"Anyways I gotta go. It's lunch. I'll catch you later" and jogged over to his friends who were making their way to the cafeteria. I sighed and began walking there myself. Once I got my food I sat down in the far corner. I looked like such a loner. Sitting here on my own. I went on my phone and was about to text both Veronica and Steph when I saw someone stand in front of me.

"What do you want now? Want me to beg for you to sit here?" I sassily said
"Why of course not love. Any girl would want me to be sitting with them during lunch" he said, taking a seat in front of me
"News flash I'm not like other girls and quite frankly you are annoying so you can go" I said taking a bite of my apple.
"You just love to hurt my feelings don't you love" he said. "Yup and stop calling me that I'm not your love"
"Lets change that then" he whispered leaning forward so his hot breath was fanning my face. We stared at each other eyes for what felt like eternity. His brown eyes were like different shades of honey and I could see a speck of green. "Your eyes...they are kind of green" I whispered flickering from his left to right eye.
"You are very observant love. I like that" he smiled leaning back in his seat. He looked so comfortable which surprisingly made him look extra hot. I was about to say something when something caught my eye from behind him. I looked up and saw Ryan. He's back? He was staring at me from the front of the cafeteria. Memories from Friday night came rushing through my mind like a river. Aaron looked at me with a confused look and turned to see Ryan. He began making his way towards us. Aaron immediately stood up in front of me, blocking my line of vision in a protective stance. I quickly stood up and went to stand beside him. What we thought looked like Ryan walking towards us wasn't. He went to sit at the table next to us. I don't think I would feel comfortable with him eating next to me.

"I'm gonna go" I whispered in Aaron's ear. He nodded "I will walk you out"
When we got out the door I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding in.
"Are you ok?" He asked
"Yeah I'm gonna go. I'll see you after school" and walked out, leaving no room for him to say goodbye.

Word count-1293