Chapter thirty-eight

Sierra's pov

"Are you excited S" Veronica squealed
"For what?" I asked replacing my biology book for my maths book instead.
"The valentines dance of course" she said rolling her eyes at me
"Right forgot about that" I mumbled under my breath.

Every year the school dance committee plan a dance on the day before Valentine's Day. I only ever went once with Ryan back when we were dating but I regret going because it was so boring. Veronica is a sucker for school dances and I still don't know why.

"Why would I be going to the dance if I'm not in a couple with someone?" I asked stating the obvious.

"Well I think you should go...with someone"

"With who?"

"Ok don't get mad but isortaalreadygotyouadatewithzach"

I turned to her and squinted my eyes at her. "I didn't understand a single word you said"

She took a deep breath. "I got you a date with Zach"

"Veronica what the hell. I never said I wanted to go or have a date" I angrily said

Truth is I did want to go but just not with him.

"I know but you you need to live a little and have some fun. Plus it's only one night. You can live with that right?"

"I mean I guess but I dont even know who this guy is"

"He's in our AP biology class" she laughed "you're going to have to meet with him before this Saturday so we can all go dress shopping"

"Whatever" I mumbled. "Where's Steph?" I asked realising she wasn't with us the whole time.

"She has a test first period and wanted to get some extra study in"

I was about to say something when Veronica smiled at something or more like someone behind me. "Hey babe" I heard Josh say and pecked her lips. I miss when Aaron used to call me that. Speaking of Aaron. I turned to him to see he was standing next to Justin. He was in grey sweatpants and a red hoodie.

"Hey" i shyly said. What the fuck? Since when was I shy?
"Hey want to go to maths? The bell is going to ring soon"
"Yeah sure" I grabbed my bag and placed it over my shoulder. "Justin?"
"I'll be there in a sec I forgot my book"

We nodded and walked off. "So I got your little package you sent me on Saturday"

"What?" I asked confused

"The box with all my hoodies in it" He verified

"Oh" i sheepishly said. I could feel my face grow red. After dinner with him and his mom I felt rebellious and sent it out the next day. I completely forgot after everything that happened at Veronica's house. When we got to class the teacher was already there waiting on more students. We sat down and waited for the class to begin.

"So now that we are friends again how about those tutoring lessons?" He asked

"Hmmmm I don't know you're going to have to beg me for it" I smirked

"Beg?"

"Yes beg. I don't think I stuttered" I repeated crossing my arms over my chest.

He narrowed his eyes at me and leaned in close. "In case you didn't know I don't beg for anything"

"Well then I'm not tutoring you" I shrugged. I leaned down and grabbed my materials for class out of my bag.

"Sierra c'mon" he groaned in annoyance but I ignored him and smiled to myself. "I'm not going to pass this class if you don't help me"
Even the more reason why you should beg.