Chapter fifty

The following week my mom made me stay home from school. She said I needed rest. By Friday I convinced my mom to let me go to regardless which was very unusual seeing as I would do anything to stay away from that hellhole. I couldn't afford to miss anymore days as I was in my senior year.

I was standing by my locker and quickly switched out my books. For the most part the halls were quite empty. My decision to come to school this morning was very last minute and I didn't have enough time to call Veronica to come pick me up so I had to leg it. I sighed and slammed my locker shut. I made my way to first period which fortunately was maths. I was extremely excited because I didn't tell Aaron I was coming so me being here today will be a major surprise for him. I only had five minutes until class started so I quickly made my way to class.

I walked in and saw Him at the back of the class where our seats were and some of his friends were surrounding him. Once he saw me his eyes widened. I smiled and walked over to him. He just starred dumbfounded at me in his seat. His friends noticed because they turned around and looked at me. I walked behind him and wrapped him arms his neck and bent down to plant a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey babe" I said and sat down on my seat. Once I walked over his friends walked away giving us privacy.

"What?...You're meant to be at home, in bed. Not a school" he said

"Yeah but I wanted to come in. School is actually kind of fun" I laughed

"Said no one ever but you. You're such a nerd" he smiled shaking his head. "But you're my nerd" and then gently kissed me.

"Did you take your meds today?" He asked looking me straight in the eye

Shit.

Aaron has been on my ass all week reminding me to take my medicine but yesterday I told him to stop because I was capable of remembering. Now I know why he was so persistent on reminding me.

"Yeah obviously" I scoffed. I turned my back to him and rummaged through my bag for my materials for class. I was abruptly grabbed my wrist and pulled up so my face was inches from his.

"You know better than to lie to me" he said lowly. I don't know why but his roughness oddly turned me on. I gulped. "Don't make me ask you again"

I sighed. "Ok fine I forgot" I admitted.

"Seriously babe?" He asked dropping his hold on my wrist. "I thought you said you were 'capable of remembering'" he said using his fingers to quote me.

"Hey! I am capable" I defended

"You clearly aren't" he muttered

"I mean I am feeling better. Do I really need them?"

"Yes the doctor said you need to be taking them everyday for the next two weeks and it hasn't even been a week yet" he pointed out

"Oh yeah I forgot she said that" recalling those exact words

"I'm taking you home after school to take them Because if I leave you to it you will just forget"

He did have a point. "Fine"

We talked for a little longer and he caught me up on what I had missed. Apparently Steph had brought back some presents from Ireland. I was so excited to see her as I haven't seen her since spring break. Finally the teacher walked in and class started

—————————————-
After school

I was currently at my locker with Steph, Veronica and Mia. Steph was filling me in on her trip to Ireland and it soon made me realise how much I would love to visit there. Aaron made me wait here because he had to talk to one of his teachers.