Chapter twenty-four

When it comes to my personal life I'm usually very reserved. My dad was the one topic that only people who are close to me know about, like Veronica and Steph. I choose not to talk about it mainly because i get extremely emotional.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know" he said
"But that's the thing, I should have told you before but...I'm ready to tell you now" I replied
"Take your time" he said taking my hands in his. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"It all happened two years ago. My parents and I were having dinner like usual and then out of nowhere he said he wanted to join the army. My mom and I were so confused because he had such a great job and was earning good money. We thought he was joking but he wasn't. We tried convincing him that he shouldn't and that it's dangerous but his mind was already set. Apparently he had been thinking about it for months. A few months later he was gone to fight. Even though we were scared shitless we were still proud of him. He would always come home for the holidays and during Christmas he would stay longer because of my birthday which is only a few weeks after. He came back for Christmas and was meant to stay for my birthday but he couldn't. It was a week after my birthday that my mom got a call saying my dad was shot" I said my voice breaking at the end.

I don't know why but I just broke down. Maybe it was the fact that I haven't talked about my dad in such a long time and that his death would be marked two years in a few weeks. Aaron immediately pulled me into his warm embrace and gently stoked my hair.

"And to make it all worse it was the week after my birthday. The one time he wasn't able to come and I-I never even got a chance to say goodbye to him" I said

"I'm truly sorry Sierra. I'm sorry you had to go through that" Aaron said

"It's ok" I smiled. We stayed silent for a moment before I spoke again. "My dad would have loved you actually" I said

"Yeah?" He asked
"Yeah my dad was also obsessed with ice hockey. He used to make me watch games with him every now and again" I explained thinking back to the times he would bribe me with food if I watched a game with him. "Anyways I'm sorry, we shouldn't be sad on Christmas" I laughed

"You have a point. Let's watch on my block since we didn't finish it the last day" he suggested. We laid on his bed cuddling. I made sure that I was in a position where I wasn't hurting his ribs or leg. I ended up changing into one of his hoodies and sweats because my dress was too uncomfortable. As we were watching the tv my mind drifted back to earlier in the afternoon and I remembered something Aaron said.

"That reminds me, do you remember what you said to me when you're dad said I was the first girl you brought to him?" I asked. He looked down at me for a few seconds before looking away.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he said looking back at the tv but he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Yes you do. You said I'm the first girl you could see a future with" I said sitting up "is it true?" I asked.

"Is it true? Of course it's true babe. I know we haven't said the three words to each other yet and stuff but you are the first girl that has genuinely made me happy so yes it's true" he smiled

"Awwww babe" I squealed. I sat on his lap with my knees on both sides of him. I leaned down and kissed him enjoying the feeling of his body pressed against mine. "I think it's safe to say that you have gone from a bad boy to a soft boy" I smirked.

"What? No I haven't. Don't get it twisted" he said and then slapped my ass.

"Owwww!" I yelled and then playfully punched his arm. His phone then blared music specifically 'All of me' by John legend. I looked over at him laughing while he groaned in annoyance. The caller ID said Justin.

"Yeah Aaron you are definitely a bad boy" I laughed patting his chest. I peeled myself from his body and sat beside him on his bed.

"Whatever" he grumbled. He picked up the phone before pressing it to his ear. "Whats up dude" he said. After a few seconds he immediately got up.

"Wait where are you going?" I asked
"Nowhere I'll be back in a second" he said before walking out the door. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I stared at the closed door. What the hell is so private that him and Justin could speak about in front of me? I immediately shook my head of my thoughts. I wasn't going to be one of those girlfriends who have to know every single thing their boyfriend does. I continued watching the tv laughing as Jasmine said something funny to Ruby.

He finally came back about 10 minutes later and jumped onto the bed. He wrapped his hands around my waist and laid his face on my stomach.

"Sorry about that. It was kind of important" he said.

"It's fine but why couldn't you talk about it in here?" I asked

"I had a feeling you were going to say that. I can't tell you right now but I promise very soon you will find out" he simply explained. I looked at him weirdly. My brain instantly went into thinking mode. My eyes then widened as I had a crazy theory.

"You aren't drug dealing with Justin right? because of you are-"I asked

"What? No babe, of course not" he laughed "I hate keeping secrets from you but like I said you will find out soon" he said. I nodded before laying my head back on his pillows.

"No bebe can you please play with my hair?" He asked in a baby voice. I rolled my eyes at him and straightened up and ran my fingers through this brown curly hair.

"Definitely a soft boy" I murmured to myself
"I heard that" he grumbled making me laugh.

Authors note
Anybody else think Aaron and Sierra are so cute. Here I am writing a love story when I've never even had a boyfriend or been in love😂 (does food count though). Anyways what do you think Aaron and Justin we're talking about? Let me know in the comments section and except a new chapter on Sunday xx

Word count-1152