Chapter forty-one

I woke up early the next morning with a few miss calls from Veronica. I quickly called her back and on the second ring she picked up.

"Hey sorry I was sleeping"

"I figured as much. Anyways we are going dress  shopping for the dance" she said. That's when I remembered I was grounded and there was no way my mom would let me go out.

"I can't I'm grounded" I groaned

"Shit yeah" she cursed. "Wait what if I talked to your mom. She might listen to me" she suggested.

My mom practically treats both Veronica and Steph like they're her daughters so this could work. "Ok be here in an hour then" and with that I hung up. I got up and immediately made my bed and opened my blinds. I then went to my bathroom and took a shower. My mind couldn't help but drift to what happened on Friday morning, more specifically Aaron kissing me and me kissing him back. In that moment I genuinely felt like we were closer than ever which was a good thing.

I got out of the shower and did my skincare routine and brushed out my hair which had been in a messy bun since yesterday. It was little bit hotter today than usual so I decided to wear a white tank top with denim, blue, ripped jeans and a black belt.

Within that time I had already wasted forty-five minutes getting ready so I waited for Veronica to pull up

Within that time I had already wasted forty-five minutes getting ready so I waited for Veronica to pull up. I then heard my doorbell ring and ran down the stairs.

"Hey" I smiled and stepped to the side so she could come in. Then I noticed Steph was here which was unexpected as she said she wasn't going. "Steph? What are you doing here?" I laughed giving her a hug.

"Well I thought about what you said and I decided that I'm going to the dance after all"

"That's great" I smiled.

"So..Where's mama bear?" Veronica asked

"Kitchen" I simply answered. She nodded and walked off. Steph and I followed close behind her.

"Good morning Alice" Veronica smiled and placed her bag in the table.

My mom looked up shocked as she didn't expect any of my friends to be here. "Veronica" and then she turned to my and Steph. "Steph. What a pleasant surprise. How are you all?" My mom asked. She settled her coffee down on the coaster which was on the table.

"We are good"

My nodded and then she turned to me and squinted her eyes. "I thought I said you were grounded. That also includes no hanging out with friends outside of school hours"

I was about to respond but Veronica intervened. "That's actually what we are here to talk about Mrs Davis" She said acting all professional and sitting down on the chair opposite to my mom. I rolled my eyes at her crossed my arms. This ought to be good. "It has come to my knowledge that Sierra snuck out of the house and went to see Aaron. Very irresponsible of her right?"