Chapter thirty-one

Waking up the next morning was so difficult that my mom literally had to drag me out of bed and push me into the shower. Literally. I told myself that I didn't want to be one of those girls who forget how to take care of themselves or act half dead just because of a breakup but it really was hard not to. After showering I threw on a black turtle neck long sleeve with black jeans and a denim jacket on top. Thirty minutes later I found myself in the back of veronicas car with Steph in the front.

"How are you holding up S" Steph asked

I shrugged and looked out of the window watching the trees vanish as we drove by. "Fine I guess. I'll get over it". That was lie. I don't think I'll ever get over it, not for a while at least. Finding out your boyfriend agreed to put a bet on you to take your virginity isn't exactly ideal. I know it's only been three and half months but during that time period I felt like we had been dating for a lot more. Now that I think about it, were his feelings for me even real at all or was it all just an act to get into my pants?

"Sierra get out of the car. We are here" veronica said snapping her fingers in front of me. I shook my head and realised we arrived at school. "Are you sure you're ok"

"Right sorry and yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about it" I smiled but they knew me too well to know it's fake.

"Ok don't listen to anything anybody has to say. Stay far from Rachel and if you can stay clear from Aaron too" Steph said. "Do you have any classes with him today?"

"Shit yeah maths" I groaned. We finally arrived at our lockers and got our necessary books.

"You will be fine" she smiled.

"We are going to biology, are you coming?" Veronica asked
"Yeah" I said slamming my locker. Just as we were about to leave Josh and Justin came up to us.

"Sierra I'm so sorry. Don't get mad at Aaron this was all my fault. I was the one who suggested the bet not him" Josh said

"Either way he agreed when he shouldn't have" I snapped."I gotta go" and walked away

"Sierra wait up" I tuned around and saw Justin running up to me. "Can we talk for a second?"

"Uhhhh...sure" I hesitantly said gripping my bag tighter on my shoulder. "You guys can go ahead of me" I said turning to the girls.

"Listen I know what Aaron did was wrong but he was going to tell you. I know how he feels about you and trust me he has never talked about a girl like how he talks about you before."

"What do you expect me to do? Welcome him back with open arms and pretend everything is ok? I'm done with him" I then saw Aaron walking towards his locker. He must have sensed someone looking at me because his eyes met with mine. I quickly looked back at Justin. "I gotta go bye" I quickly rushed out and left.
————————————————————————
At lunch

After what felt like ten years it was finally my favourite time of the day. Eating. The girls and I made our way down there straight after English was over.

"So are we sitting with the boys or at our old table?" Veronica asked. I looked at the boys table. They seemed to be laughing at some joke. I then looked at our old table which nobody has been sitting in.

"Our old table" I finalised. We sat down and began digging into our food. The girls were talking about something but all I could hear were the whispering of two girls as they walked past.

"She actually thought he liked her"

"She's so gullible"

"What did he even see in her? She's ugly"