Mew's Birthday

All the emotions Gulf began to feel not long ago had begun to feel suffocating. He constantly thought about Mew, he also couldn't hide the joy he felt everytime he picked up the phone and talked to him. Just seeing Mew's face made him smile, but no matter what, he constantly felt Mew pulling away.

He didn't know how to act anymore. When Mew was sweet to him, and hugged him and layed with him to sleep, it had all felt so natural. Everytime they had any events together, posing so close to each other. Gulf had felt Mew's eyes on his lips. He had felt the soft caress of mew's fingers on the nape of his neck, the strong arms that never seemed to let go of his waist. Mew began feeling like home, and that constant fear lurking at the  back of Gulf's heart kept getting bigger.

Mew would never choose him, after all they were just brothers. No more no less.
...

With the slow approach of Mew's birthday, Gulf couldn't hide the excitement he felt. He had talked to P'boss earlier and although he was gonna be knackered from a long day at an event quite far away, he wouldn't miss Mew's birthday for the world. He would make it in time, somehow, hopefully. 

" Why are you pacing so much, Gulf?" Asked his mom.

" Do you think Mew will like the surprise I've prepared for him, mae?"

Noticing the jittery mood Gulf was in, she gently caresses his cheek. He stops pacing and looks down at the loving face of his mother.

" Don't worry, I'm sure he's gonna love it." Says Gulf's Mother with such conviction that Gulf is instantly pacified.

Placing his hands over hers he closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath before opening them and with a smile telling his mom.

" Thank you mae."

Walking away, Gulf's Mother marvels at how fast Mew and Gulf had become so close. Being an only boy Gulf never really had such a close relationship with another man. Even with friends Gulf had never gotten this close. Gulf's mom almost feels out of place, she knows this is all for the fans, but somehow deep down she can't get over the feeling that there might be something more.

Smiling at a happy Gulf, Gulf's mom feels content. Whatever it is, she was glad Gulf had made such a good friend.

The event was a success, and although his body is weary and he still didnt change his clothes, a quiet sense of excitement coarses through his veins. Picking up the balloons and the salmon sashimi cake and heading towards Mew's house, only increases that sense of excitement. This was his first time in Mew's home. He had been in his condo before, but his home....never.

Gulf can feel the heat of the candles he just lit, and he can hear the urgent beating of his heart. He must be developing an arrhythmia. Gulf can't stop his mind from wandering from one idea to the next. But when Mew opens the door to his house, and Gulf begins to shyly sing the birthday song he has rehearsed so many time, getting awarded with a wide smile from Mew, it all feels worthwhile. Just being there on Mew's birthday and seeing his smile automatically makes Gulf smile.

" Are u tired?" Asks Mew to a grinning Gulf.

Gulf only shakes his head indicating a no, and continues singing HBD to Mew.

Mew smiles gently at Gulf before blowing out the candle.

" Thank you, Nong."

" Welcome." Says Gulf before being ushered into the home by Mew.

Both Mew's mom's and bosser are there so he makes sure to greet them before being back hugged by Mew and dragged away.

" Hey, Mew." Says Gulf's trying his best to disentangle himself from Mew's grip without causing Mew to sulk.