Chapter Four: Clubbing

Riya P.O.V

                   Somehow, someway my father had let me go to this other pack's club. Usually father's would be like 'You stay away from that place ya hear?' but nope. Not my father he was all for it because it would be the best place to meet a potential mate. Also a place to meet potential rapists and drug dealers but nope. More concerned about retiring.  Thanks dad.

                   I shifted in place in the long line leading to the bouncer of the club. Why did I have to pick such a skimpy dress out? It was a glossy red with a sweetheart neckline to it exposing more of my chest than I would've liked to show. They just might be falling out and saying 'hello' tonight. Ugh.

                   Also, where was Steven?  He was supposed to meet me here........I checked my phone and doing so, accidently jostled the guy in front of me.

                   "Hey you come here often?" he smiled dimples showing. I thought he was cute but unfortunately, that was it. That was the funny thing, it was like I noticed guys and all and even thought some were hot but I never really thought about anything more. What was that supposed to mean? Ignored, the guy turned around.

                 "Hey Riya-bug!" Steven pushed his way to me through the line getting grumbes and shoves. I blushed red.

                 "Steven you are embarassing me!" I hissed and when he got to me he stopped. His eyes widened.

                 "Dang Riya." His eyes looked me up and down then settled on my face.

                  "Stop checking me out and focus. I have a mate to find." I deadpanned straight to his face and his spirits visually fell. His eyes turned a bit darker and he growed under his breath.

                  "Sure, Sure we have to find you a mate." He faced towards the front of the line and mumbled something I wasn't supposed to hear. Apparently, he forgot about the wolf hearing. "Why you couldn't just mate with me is beyond me."

                  "Uhm... Steven?" he turned. "Wolf hearing remember?"

                   Steven flushed red, a completely rare occurence. Then he turned a more normal color and turned towards me. "But don't you see Riya? It would make your life easier. I promise I would always treat you right. I deserve to have you Riya I have always been here for you. Where as your 'mate' is a complete stranger." He begged with his eyes but it didn't affect me.

                  "Steven......" I did not want to make this hard on him. Was there any polite way to tell a guy I like girls more? Wait, What?!?!?! Where did that even come from???? I was so confused and Steven was not making it any better. 

                     "Riya...." Steven stared at me evenly. I can't believe he was going to make me say this...

                  "Look Steven I only think of you as a friend." Steven's eyes widened and his eyes darkened. 

        "Dang, rejected!!!" The guy in front of us had been listening on so apparently had to butt in. 

    "Excuse you?" The guy turned back around at my death glare.

    "Listen Riya, just know I am here for you and once your mate doesn't turn up I will be here waiting to catch you." 

    How could he be against me finding my mate too? The night could not possibly be better. Complete. Sarcasm. At this thought we made it to the bouncer. 

    "I.D. please." I flashed my I.D card and he gave us a nod. 

    Taking a few steps in I started relaxing, the pulsing beat and flashing lights helping me to let my mind go. But I hadn't come here to relax. I had come here for one purpose and one purpose only. 

    I strutted into the crowd and danced a little, my hips swaying side to side hoping to get some sort of sign that my mate was here. 

    "You come here often?" A brunette girl was dancing next to me and she was really pretty, pretty as in she had the most gorgeous body. 

    "No I am just here to meet some guys." I flashed a smile. It was partly true.

    "Girl, are you blind?" She waved her hands in the air and dipped down. Dang. "There are tons of guys watching you." Looking around I noticed that was true. "You have your pick of the litter."

    "I am really just trying to find a certain one though." I frowned trying to reach out my senses to find my mate. Nothing.

    "Mhmmm." She stopped dancing. "Wanna get a drink with me?"

    "Uhm Sure." I followed her out of the throng of people dancing to the bar. We both ordered a margirita  and sat down in the corner at a faded booth. We had been girl talking and drinking a while when she narrowed her eyes.

    "So... What's the scoop of the guy who has been creeping on you all night?" She pointed to another booth acroos the room. Steven was sitting there staring at me with his dark eyes.

    "He's... well he is kind of against me trying to find the certain guy."

    He eyes flashed with understanding, "Oh so like an over protective brother?"

    That was actually pretty close to it. If only he didn't have feelings for me. Feelings I just couldn't return.

    "Yeah pretty much just like that." I glanced down at my unfinished drink. "Well I think tonight has been pretty much a bust."

   "Sorry if I took up your time. Time you coulda been using to find him."

   "It is really okay I don't think he's here." I stood up, she did the same.

   "Alright that's cool then." I turned away when she said that, the night was still young and I might be able to hit up a club or two on the way back. Maybe I would find him there. "Wait I don't think I caught your name?" 

   "Riya, my name is Riya." 

    "Nice to meet you Riya, my name is Kendra!" She smiled and then turned to leave. 

    For some reason, I felt like getting her phone number would help me out some how. 

    "Wait Kendra? Can I get your number?" 

    "Sure." She scribbled it down on a napkin and handed it to me. "Talk to you later." I nodded and she left. 

    Turning to leave I managed a sigh. I felt closer to my mate then ever, yet somehow even farther. Would I ever find my mate?