Chapter Seven: Preparations

Riya P.O.V

        What am I going to wear? And would I meet my mate? I felt sure I would see my mate at the party tonight.... but what was I going to wear?? I paced back and forth in my room, which was totally helping the situation.

        "Riya?" Steven tapped gently on my bedroom door. 
        I quickly threw the piles of clothing I had gotten out back into my closet and closed it, "Yea?"                      "There is a package for you that was mysteriously left by the door. It could be a prank from the other packs.... Do you want it?"        

        "Meh-" sure why not?" I was sure there could be no harm in opening it. Although I really should find something to wear first.

        Steven stepped inside and tossed a white package onto my bed. "Woah what happened here? World War 2?"

        "Har, Har, Har. I am trying to find something to wear to tonight." I rolled my eyes and plopped down on my bed. The clothing problem was starting to really frustrate me.

        "Well right after I told you about the box I got curious and opened it," He grinned sheepishly at me, "Maybe you should check it out."

        "Thanks a lot Steven!" I threw a shirt at him, but it missed and he ducked out of the door. As he walked down the hallway I could hear him chuckling.... grrrrr.....

        I really needed to find something to wear before I opened the package so I tiptoed into this other were-girl's room to find something to wear but there was nothing but skimpy outfits that would definitly make me look like I was too loosy goosey with my legs. Great. Wonderful. Fan-freaking-tastic.

        Three hours later, and after having gone to any possible person to maybe see if I could borrow something I was about to legitally cry. I dragged myself into my room and threw myself onto my bed and just then did I notice the white package. I sighed and reached for it but I could just barely touch it. I groaned, I was just so lazy at the moment. Finally I sat up and grabbed it, what could possibly be inside?

Kendra P.O.V

        Just a few hours ago I had delivered a gift to my main girl Riya and now I was sitting back at the Pack shack hearing Vixen complain. Again. 

        "What is so drastically important that I sneak into a pack that completely hates me?" Vixen snapped.

        "Look I have a hunch and I know that going tonight is going to change our pack's future forever."

        "Maybe I don't want the pack to be changed! Did you ever think of that?!?!" Vixen roared at me. She punched the wall leaving a dent and her eyes glowed black. I backed off a bit; terrified.

        "Please girl, just hear me out." Vixen turned her back on me and her entire body shook. "You know that we can't keep going on like this.. I mean, when was the last time that you got any sleep whatsoever?"

        "That is not IMPORTANT!" Vixen growled at me menacingly.

        "No?" I was still scared but I had to get through to her somehow, "Then why are you so grouchy and angry? Probably from lack of-"

        "I AM NOT ANGRY!" Vixen screamed at me, and if it weren't so scary I might have laughed at the irony. Although, Vixen did seem to notice that and softened a bit. "Look, you know how much I hate the other packs when they turned their back on our pack. They don't even think of us as a proper tribe. So how is going to a party hosted by Tribe Roaring Moon going to help us one bit!?!?"

        I cleared my throat, "Well you see girl, I have a theory--"

        "Never mind. I trust you and if you say we should go.."" Vixen sighed, "We will go."

        "Oh! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! You won't regret it Vixen! You won't!" I was so excited I got up to do a victory dance.

        Vixen sighed again, "You are dismissed."

        "But-"

        "You are dismissed!"

        As I left the room I snuck a peek at Vixen. She was holding up the napkin as if it were something truly amazing. She sniffed at it and closed her eyes. Then she snarled and threw it into the garbage. Uhoh.

        Well at least maybe Riya would appreciate what I did for her.

Riya P.O.V

                I opened up the white box and picked up a little card that had tissue paper under it. On the card it read;

        I will see you tonight at the Masquerade Girl! Hope it is the right size and shape and everythin'!

                                -Kendra

        I was truly puzzled at the note, but when I lifted up the tissue paper, everything was cyrstal clear. Inside, nuzzled in even more tissue paper was a white dress. It wasn't just a plain white dress though. It had a sweet heart neckline that would probably show off just the right amount, and white frills flowing out from the waist. Nestled right next to that was a gorgeous mask. How could I ever thank her? It was like she knew that I had needed something flawless to wear to show off for my mate! That was impossible though. I laughed softly to myself and danced around without wearing it, I could pratically imagine tonight right now.

Vixen P.O.V

        I could not even believe that I had let Kendra convince me to go to this dance. Why should I bother? It was too late now, Kendra had even went out and bought me a dress. Why did I let her go and shop for me? Ugh....

        I retrieved the dress from the small closet for the second time completely embarassed that I had to wear it. It was plain, as dresses go, a black strap dress that was full length and a ring where my er... yeah. At least the mask wasn't all that bad, and since Tribe Roaring Moon was such a big pack no one would notice me. A flash of envy went through me, a white hot feeling that went from my nose to my toes. I had worked twice as hard as the stupid Alpha family that ran that tribe and I didn't have half as much as they had... maybe I could even ruin them tonight. That thought alone brightened my mood even though it was a dark thought.

        Tribe Roaring Moon-- Watch out!!!