1 | obliterate

𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞

uh·bli·tuh·reit ]

get rid of memory, thought, or feeling; cover something completely so it cannot be seen.

- l i l a -

"Philip wants to see you in his office Amelia." The caretaker informed me and I simply nodded.

Philip was the owner of the orphanage I lived in. It was surprising he wanted to see me. He was never actually here except the times when there was something really urgent.

I knocked on the door and entered when I heard a faint 'come in'.

"I was expecting you Amelia. Come, have a seat." He said pointing towards the chair opposite his. I followed.

"As you might have already figured it out, I have something to tell you." I nodded for him to continue. "There's someone who has claimed to be your legal guardian Amelia."

What the actual fuck?

"My legal guardian? I have no family Phillip."

"I know but he said he's related to you by blood and has accepted to support you from now on."

"Who?"

It can't probably be them. They never wanted me after all.

"Victor Alfonso."

That name was enough to make my whole world spin.

"I don't know anyone by that name Phillip. I don't want to go anywhere. I'm happy here."

"I know but I can't help you this time Amelia. He is powerful and if I say no to him, he will probably shut down the whole orphanage."

Philip was a very kind man. He gave me shelter when I had no one and had supported me during the worst of my life. I can't let that happen to him.

"Okay." I agreed signing myself to the devils for the rest of my life.

~

After hours long flight, the plane finally landed in New York.

It turned out that all the preparations for my departure had already been made. As soon as I agreed, I was asked to pack my bags and handed the flight tickets and some cash.

My phone vibrated as I got out of the airport indicating a text.

Unknown: I can't come. The driver will pick you up. His name is Jack.

He wants to be my guardian and can't even come to pick me up.

Why am I not surprised?

Looking around, I spotted a bald man waving at me. I walked towards him.

"Jack?" I asked and he politely nodded.