2 | intrepid

𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐝

[ uhn·treh·puhd ]

bold and fearless

- l i l a -

I often wondered how different my life would have been if I had a perfectly normal family.

If my parents loved me just like they did to my brothers or at least cared for me just a bit, I was their child after all.

But unfortunately no one wanted me. Ever.

My dad, Luca Alfonso was not known to be a very kind man but he wasn't cruel enough to separate a woman from her own children.

So when him and mom separated, he allowed her to take one of us with her.

No, she didn't choose me willing. Instead she was forced to.

Victor, Elijah and Damien were all teenagers by that time and were already training in business. So dad didn't allow them to go with mom.

Xander and Xavier were so close to each other that mom and dad thought it would be too cruel to seperate them.

But he was cold-hearted enough to give up his only daughter. I thought bitterly.

Mom was not exactly enthusiastic about taking me with her. She wanted Xavier, her youngest and most favourite son.

I still remembered the conversation they had.

"For God's sake Luca she's just four. I want to start a new life. A new family. Why can't you just understand?"

Mom and dad were fighting again. They always do. Every night. But today they were talking about me. I was standing behind my bedroom door, trying to listen to their conversation.

"You can do that with her."

"She's..." Mom paused looking for a perfect reason to describe why she can't take me with her. "She's too young and immature. How can I start a new family when I have to look after her all day. Just let me take Xavier." Mom was crying.

Mom didn't want to take me with her. She wanted Xavier instead. I hated him, he always teases me and breaks my toys but still everyone loves him.

"I'm not letting you take Xavier. And you can always hire a nanny."

"I can't waste my money on that." Then suddenly Mom stopped crying. "You know what? You can keep her, I'll just leave alone."

"She's not staying here."

I cried hysterically that day. I begged dad, I begged my brothers to not let mom take me. I wanted to stay with them.

I loved my siblings more than my parents. I didn't want to leave them but all them remained unmoving.

After a year, my mom started dating.