31 | End

Someone hit me hard on the side and I opened my eyes. It was not the same room they had previously tied me in but this one was even more stinky and dark.

I was lying on the floor while Patrick, my so-called step dad and the very same person who turned out to be the leader of the Russian Mafia, and Mia, the very same person who had been pretending to be an amazing cousin in front of my brothers, stood by my side aiming a gun straight at me.

Gunshots were echoing from every corner of the place we were in.

"What's happening here?" I asked looking at Mia who as usual ignored me.

Suddenly some men barged inside.

"We can't control them," One of them told Patrick who slammed his hand on the table.

"How in hell did they even know about this location?" He snapped.

For a Mafia leader who was good at hiding, his location being exposed to his biggest rival was surely something shameful.

"What about the tunnels?" He asked desperately.

"All of them are blocked by their men. There's not a single exit left for us to escape from. It's almost as if. . ." The person paused hesitantly.

"What?" Patrick barked when he didn't continue.

"As if they have a map of this place." The other person whispered.

"The fuck?" He punched the wall hard and then turned to look at Mia before continuing. "Stay here with her. I'll go and have a look at the situation. Just keep this for safety and don't do anything without my signal," He said handing over a gun to Mia and then leaving the room with his men.

"What's happening here?" I asked Mia even though I knew she would ignore me.

To my surprise Mia didn't stay at her place as per Patrick's order. Instead she started dragging me in some random direction. Standing in front of the wall, she tapped twice on some spot. I blinked a few times to confirm that I was not seeing things. 

A quiet 'what the hell' involuntarily escaped my mouth.

The wall in front of me had just moved upwards to reveal a secret passage.

But didn't they say all the secret passages were blocked? And most importantly didn't Patrick ask Mia not to leave? Then where the hell was she taking me to?

"Where are you dragging me to?" I voiced out my thoughts.

"Towards your death," She said as if it's the most casual thing in the world.

"But Patrick-,"

"Do I look like I care?" She snapped before I could complete my sentence.

Just then I realized that the room she threw me into was different from the previous one for there was a small glass window in it from where you can easily see what's happening outside.

To say the sight outside the room was terrifying would be an understatement. There was nothing you could see but blood covering the entire area. People were attacking and killing each other like crazy.

At that moment, I saw him. Even though it was just a glimpse but I was sure that it was him.

Victor.

But before I could shout and call for help, a cold metal was placed against my temple. I turned my head a bit to look at the person who was smiling sickeningly.

"What the hell are you doing?" I panicked.

"This is the last step of my revenge and after that I'll be free," She said looking joyfully at the people fighting outside as if she was about to achieve the impossible.

Then something hit me.

"You-," I said, utterly shocked. "You were the one who gave the warehouse's location and map to my brothers."

"Do you still remember what you told me the other day?"

Even though your parents died protecting me but weren't Russians the one who had actually killed them? You sided with your parent's murderers just to destroy me. If I deserve death in your eyes then shouldn't they too?

These were the words that I had used to mock her the previous day. Only if I knew what was going on in her brain at that time.

"Did you really think that I'll let go of my parents murderers that easily? Just wait till the two biggest mafia families destroy each other other outside while I kill you here," She chuckled devilishly. "Everything will be over today. I'll finally do justice to everyone involved in my parents' death today."

"Aren't you scared that my brothers will come here soon? After all you were the one who gave them this place's map."

"The map I gave them revealed every detail about this place except this particular room."

Then she smiled sinister smile. The very same that I been accustomed to in the past few days.

Looking at this petite woman standing in front of me, no one would be able to guess that how easily this person had tricked two biggest Mafias.

Even Patrick, who thought that everything was going according to his plan, was played in the hands of Mia, the mastermind of this whole game.

But there was no way I would give in to her that easily. Even though I had no chances of surviving today but I still would fight till the very hand.

While Mia was too busy admiring the bloodshed she had caused, I grasped her hand that was securely holding the gun and twisted it making the gun to fall down.

Maybe she had the brain but as I said she was there was no chance such a weakling like her would win in a fight against me, a person who had lived through abuse for so many years.

"Let me go, you bitch," She screamed struggling to set herself free.

I elbowed her hard in the abdomen making her to fall down.

Taking advantage of the situation, I stepped forward to pick up the gun but before I could do so Mia held my leg making me fall too.

Of course! Once a back stabber, always a back stabber.

"John."

While I extended my arm and was about to pick up the revolver lying before me, that one word that escaped Mia's mouth was enough for me freeze on my spot. 

In a split second, all the painful memories crossed my mind and my gaze unconsciously darted towards the window pane.

During this time, Mia pushed me and grabbed the gun. When I came back to my senses, Mia already stood in front of me pointing the gun straight at me. 

I should have already expected for her to use such a cheap tactic.

There was no way I could take it away from her this time so there was only one thing I could do.

Run.

Just as I was about to exit, Mia fired the shot.

A strong force hit me making me fall down and a sharp pain shot through my abdomen. My eyes started to drift and I started to lose consciousness. There was just one thought in my mind before everything blacked out.

Is this how it will end?