12 | Smiles

- l i l a -

I woke up to pitch darkness. I could feel my brothers still fast asleep around me and not to forget someone's hand which had held me in a death grip. 

The darkness had completely engulfed the surroundings and the only thing catching my attention was a shimmer of a metal object in the pale moonlight.

I narrowed my eyes as I stared closely at the object wondering why I had never noticed it before.

What is it?

Suddenly, I let out a shriek as the object moved a bit, which was followed by a loud thud.

"What the hell Lila?" Xander yelled who I guess fell from the bed after hearing my sudden scream. From my peripheral vision, I could see the shiny thing moving towards the bed.

"T-There's something there," I said pointing in the direction where I had seen the shining object.

"It's just me Lila," Victor's voice blared in the silent room as I sighed in relief. 

What the hell? I was literally on the verge of having a heart attack.

"When did you come back?" Elijah asked groggily.

"Just a few minutes ago," Victor replied, going back to the couch where he had been sitting earlier.

Now that I was awake for a while, I could see everything clearer. The shiny object was actually the tip of his neatly polished shoes.

"Go back to sleep everyone," Victor said laying down on the couch.

Soon the silence was replaced by faint snores. I looked around to see my brothers already sleeping. The person who had held me in a death grip turned out to be Xavier who never woke up again to start with.

I laid in the same position for a few minutes and soon sleep consumed me.

The next time I woke up to broad daylight. Xavier was still by my side while Xander was sleeping on the floor. The rest three were no where to be seen.

"I see you're already awake. I was coming to wake you three up," Damien, who stood by the door said. "Now get up, go to your room and get ready,"

I frowned. Get ready? Why?

"For School," He chuckled.

I groaned. Is it not Saturday yet?

After an hour, I was dressed for school. It was now time for the most exciting part that was to go down for breakfast.

When I went down all of my brothers were already there, chatting among themselves. I too went and sat on my usual spot.

I stole a glance of Victor and he was furiously typing on his phone.

After a while, Elijah and Damien went to the office and Xander and Xavier to the garage, leaving just me and Victor in the room.

Ugh! Just ask him already Lila.

"Victor," I started and he stopped what he was doing.