21 | Reunion

- l i l a -

"Lila?"

I turned around to face him.

"Daniel?"

"Wow, it's really you. How? Where? Why?" He took the seat in front of me and started ranting. "What the actual hell?"

"Calm down, will you?"

"How have you been? More like where have you been?"

Where was Xander?

"I-I'm living with my brothers."

"Brothers?" His furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "But I thought you hated them."

When we were kids, we used to share everything with each other. I'd even told him about my brothers and how they'd left me.

It took me a moment to think about his question.

Did I hate my brothers? I used to, definitely. I used to blame them for every wrong thing that happened in my life.

But did I now?

I wanted to hate them but the way they had been acting like these days, like the past ten years never happened, like I was never sent away and we had always been a happy family really confused me and conflicted my feelings for them.

I didn't know what I felt, anymore.

"Honestly, I don't know," I said slowly nodding my head.

"It's. . .okay, I guess. How have you been?" He was quick to change the topic probably sensing my discomfort.

Typical Daniel.

"I've been fine," I said with a small smile. "And since when did you start living here, in this town?"

"Just shifted last week. I heard about the Eastwood High scholarship programme so I decided to try my luck."

"So where are you living right now?"

"In the dorms of course," He said in a duh tone.

"They have dorms?"

He rolled his eyes as I've asked the stupidest question ever.

"Of course. Why won't they? People from all over the country study there," He replied. "I see you've become more dumb without me." He teased and we both burst out laughing.

"Where do you study though?"

"I used to go to Eastwood High too but now I'm being homeschooled."

"Eastwood High? How in hell did your dumb ass get in there?"

"Perks of having crazy rich brothers." I smirked.

"You are talking as if the Alfonso's are your brothers." He scoffed.

That grabbed my attention.

"Alfonso? Who's that?" I asked in fake confusion.

"The Alfonso twins, they literally own the school. They are crazy rich. I don't know much but people say that they're damn powerful."

"You know them?"

"I don't know them personally but we do have a few common friends."

"How? I mean they must be friends with the popular ones only."

"What do you think of me? I'm pretty popular myself." He smirked.

"Quit bluffing."

"Hey! I'm one of the top students with excellent grades, something that you don't find among a bunch of spoilt teenagers. Popularity comes with that."