15 | Tainted

I was feeling generous so here you go

Trigger Warning: Discussions of abuse and sexual assault

- l i l a -

"Mom I don't want to be here," I pleaded my mother to not leave me alone with him.

"Daniel is sick baby. Patrick and I have to go and visit him."

"I can go with you."

"We can't take you with us."

"Why?"

"That's enough Lila. What's the deal in living with John for a few days. Stop acting like a spoiled brat."

This situation was different. Whenever John came home, it was just for a few hours, so I knew he wouldn't be able to cause much damage. But living with him for three days? I don't think I'll be able to make it out alive.

"Mom please-"

Without letting me complete, she left me there at John's apartment.

He was still at university. I decided to lock myself in one of the rooms. If he doesn't see me then maybe he'll forget that I'm here. 

I waited for hours to hear some noise to confirm that he has returned but there was none. I eventually fall asleep.

I successfully avoided him for two days. I would occasionally hear sounds of door slamming and glass shattering but I not even once dared to go out.

For the last forty eight hours, I had been living on the snacks and juices that I stuffed into my backpack at home.

I was sleeping when I heard pounding on my room's door.

"Wake up!" John slurred from the other side.

Was he drunk?

"I said open the fucking door bitch."

I've never dealt with drunk John before.

He was definitely going to hit me again. What do I do? I frantically started searching for something that I could use for my defense or for some possible exit. But there was nothing.

The room had no windows, no phone, absolutely nothing.

I ran into the bathroom and locked it from inside when I heard a click and I knew he had entered the room.

"I know you're in there. Just come out yourself. It won't be nice if I find you," He sneered.

I covered my mouth with my hand to avoid making any noise. As I looked here and there to search for something, I saw the shampoo bottle lying in one of the cabinet. Taking it out, I hid it behind me.

John finally managed to open the bathroom door. He stepped closer, bringing a disgusting smell with him. Cigarette and alcohol scents swirled around me as he bent down to level eyes.

He made a mistake.

Just as he crouched down in front of me, I opened the bottle's lid and pressed it hard so that the shampoo went flying into his eyes. Taken off guard, he started screaming like a bitch he was.