16 | Revelations

- l i l a -

"Explain," Victor said as he dragged my desk chair near the bed and took a seat.

"What?"

"We wake up at two in the morning to our sister screaming the house down and you're asking us 'what'," I looked up to see Xavier standing in the doorway.

That's when I realized that Victor and I were not alone in the room, instead all of my brothers were standing in the hallway.

"I was just having a bad dream."

"Just a bad dream? It looked like a fucking attack," Xander, who was standing beside Xavier, yelled. I flinched at his awfully loud voice.

"Don't curse," I smirked.

"Don't curse? Seriously Lila? You were having a seizure a few minutes ago for God's sake."

"What do you want to know?"

"What was it about?" Damien asked.

"That's not important."

"Of course it is," Xander interrupted.

What the fuck is his problem? Did he forget that the annoying one is Xavier, not him.

No one else was saying anything. Elijah and Damien were standing in a corner, probably waiting for Victor to speak. Hell, even Xavier was quite.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

"Well there's nothing for you to know."

"Just-," Xander began but he was cut off by Elijah this time.

"Drop it Xander. Leave the kid alone."

"You are really asking me to stop? Didn't you hear her screams and cries?" He said looking at Lijah then turned towards me. "Spill it Lila."

Why can he just leave me alone?

"Well, there's one thing you should know," I said with narrowed eyes. "That you should've not thrown me out of the house."

"Don't start with that again," He scoffed. "We didn't throw you out, there was no other option, okay?"

"We are your brothers Lila. We only want to protect you," Elijah said in a pleading voice.

"Yeah, I saw that when Mia came over," I spat.

Everyone was left speechless. While Xavier had clenched his fists like he was having an internal battle on whether to speak.

No one spoke until Victor's loud voice resonated in the silent room.

"Everyone out, now," Victor, who had been quietly watching the whole spat, finally spoke.

"But-," Xander tried to interrupt but one deadly glare from Victor and he was quick to exit the room.

"What was your nightmare about?" Victor asked once everyone had left.

"Nothing you should know," I said not daring to look at him.

"I've already told you once Lila. I've my own ways and it won't be really good if I find out for myself."

"I won't tell you. I can't."

No, I can't cry. I haven't cried in a while. Some psychotic paedophile like John wasn't worth my tears.

"Please Lily. I can help." It wasn't the same cold and threatening voice, I was now accustomed to, rather it was much softer.