18 | Questions

- l i l a -

I was sitting in my room waiting for the doctor to arrive when I heard a faint knock on the door.

"Come in," As soon as I said that, Xavier sneaked into my room.

"So, prepared?"

It was as if he wanted to tell me something and was trying to initiate a conversation.

"Spill it already Xavier."

"Huh?"

"Whatever you want to say."

"I just wanted to talk."

"About?"

"Mia."

Ugh! I was in such a great mood. Why in hell he had to bring that bitch up?

"I don't want to talk about her," I whined.

"I know but I just remembered what you said the previous night so I thought I should clear the misunderstanding."

"Misunderstanding?"

"Yeah, you think we let her go but I wanted to tell you that she had been dealt with."

"How?"

"Ah. . .Victor handled the situation in his own way."

"What do you even mean by that?"

"That's not important," He said turning around to leave.

When I heard his words, all the past memories flashed before my eyes. How Mia used to bully me when I was a kid and how he always supported her. I still hated him for that.

"You always used to take her side no matter what she did to me," I said with a humorless scoff that made him turn towards me again. "And even now you refuse to tell me what Victor did to her. How do I even know if you are saying the truth?"

Something flashed in his eyes, guilt or helplessness? I couldn't tell.

"Her parents died working for dad, Lila. She was just a kid like us back then. You had everyone, all of us to pamper you and shower you with love but she had no one. I just used to feel bad for her."

I rolled my eyes at his words.

"Death of her parents didn't give her the right to bully me or treat me like the way she used to, Xavier. I was more than willing to accept her as a cousin or heck even as a sister but guess the bitch was nothing but attention seeking."

He sighed.

"I came here to talk not to argue with you."

"Who said we were arguing? We were having a communication, you know, in which both parties exchange information through speaking or writing."

I said with a small smile and he chuckled in response.

Taking advantage of this, I decided to ask him the question that I desperately wanted to know the answer for.