1

"It's just a party, Yoongi. It won't hurt you to have a little fun."

Yoongi pulled the thick blankets over his head, buffering out the peppy tone of his friend's voice. He knew Hoseok was only trying to help, but all he wanted to do was wallow in the dark.

"Stop acting like a heartbroken fifteen year old," Hoseok chided, hands gripping the edge of the blankets. "You're twenty seven for fuck's sake."

Yoongi glared at the younger as his shelter was ripped away. "But I feel like a heartbroken fifteen year old. So leave me alone."

Hoseok sighed dramatically, falling over on top of Yoongi's bed. "You and Jimin broke up three months ago, man. It's time to move on."

"Correction. I was dumped three months ago. No part of me agreed to call it quits." Yoongi placed his hands over his eyes, trying to erase the image of his sweet boyfriend crushing his heart from his mind.

Sweet ex-boyfriend.

Yoongi thought Jimin was his end game. Never before had someone made him feel so understood or accepted. There was never any pressure in their relationship; the two boys fit together naturally.

So Yoongi was caught quite off guard when Jimin ended their relationship just short of their one year anniversary. There were no signs of an impending break up; Jimin seemed just as happy as ever leading up to the event. Apparently, however, Jimin had been unhappy for a while and he wanted something more than what Yoongi had to offer. That was a major blow to his confidence, and Yoongi spent the last three months questioning himself.

What did he have to offer? Did he have anything to offer a partner? If someone like Jimin didn't want him, who else would?

Yoongi once thought he was quite the catch. For one, he was a great listener. People felt comfortable telling him their problems and he always recommended sound solutions. Additionally, he was a creative guy. He had a passion for tinkering with musical equipment and had the ability to produce some pretty good beats. On top of all that, he could even cook a decent meal.

Those things used to be enough for him. But they weren't enough for Jimin.

"You're coming to Taehyung's party with me whether you like it or not, Yoongi," Hoseok started up again. "I've tolerated your moping around for long enough. I want my friend back."

Yoongi sighed. One thing he hated more than being heartbroken was being a shitty friend.

"Fine," he groaned, letting his hands fall to his side. "But I'm not talking to anyone."

A bright smile lit up the younger's face, a gesture that caused the edges of Yoongi's own mouth to twitch upward. Hoseok launched up from the bed and went straight to the bedroom's small closet.

"What type of look are you feeling?" Hoseok questioned as he flung open the door. "Casual and understated? Or maybe edgy and too cool for school?"

Yoongi propped himself up on his elbows, watching as his friend quickly scanned over his clothing. "Why can't I just wear this?"

He currently sported an oversized white tee with faded blue jeans. His ash blonde hair was arranged messily over his forehead and a dark shadow decorated his jaw.

Hoseok quickly assessed him before rolling his eyes. "Unshaven and unkempt, how glamorous. You'll definitely succeed in the whole not talking to anyone plan. No one will want to come near you."

A pillow was thrown at Hoseok's head.

"Hey!" The younger glared at Yoongi, the cheerful smile from before gone. "I'm trying to help you feel like a normal person again."

"I'm never going to feel like a normal person again. I don't have a heart anymore."

"Okay, Mr. Heartless," Hoseok intoned none too gently. "Go get your ass in the shower and take care of that prickly mess covering your chin. Call me when you're done and I'll help with your face."

Yoongi reluctantly stood up. "What's wrong with my face?"

"Nothing a little color won't fix," his friend beamed theatrically over his shoulder. "Now go on before I shove you in the shower myself."

Yoongi obeyed Hoseok's order, not wanting to disappoint the younger yet again. Truthfully, he was very appreciative of how caring Hoseok was to him over the past several months. The boy had given him a lot of love and support, never asking for anything in return.

That is, of course, until tonight.

Hoseok was determined to get Yoongi to accompany him to Taehyung's party, saying he needed his friend there for moral support. Apparently, his crush was going to be in attendance as well, and Hoseok wanted a wingman. Yoongi argued he was in no state to be a wingman, but his friend wasn't listening. He spent hours wearing down Yoongi before the elder finally admitted defeat moments before.

After a quick shower and a much needed shave, Yoongi hollered out for Hoseok. The younger came rushing in, bearing a heap of folded clothes in his arms.

"Put these on, then we'll make you pretty."

Yoongi grumbled about not needing to be pretty, but slipped the clothes on anyway. It'd take less energy following his friend's demands than to argue. The look Hoseok created was simple yet put together. Black jeans, a white scoop neck shirt, and a zip up jacket. The overall effect lended to Yoongi's I don't give a shit vibe.

Hoseok stuck his head in the bathroom once a couple minutes passed. "Perfect! Now let's blow dry your hair."

Thirty minutes later and Yoongi had softly styled hair, color to his cheeks, and a sweet smelling cologne lingering close to his body. Hoseok wiped away a fake tear, pleased at the result of his efforts.

"Min Yoongi, I have to say it. You look alive."

Yoongi resisted the urge to tell his friend off and looked at his reflection instead. He looked okay. Not as happy as he was three months ago, but not the grungy human he was an hour ago.

It was progress.

"Let's get this over with," Yoongi muttered, his hands sinking deep into his jacket pockets.

Hoseok cheered, leading the two from the apartment. "Just think, Yoongi. Maybe you'll even have fun!"

"Not likely," Yoongi retorted, but a small part of him hoped he was wrong.

He was overdue for some fun.