5

Yoongi and Jungkook parted ways after dinner, the younger programming his number into Yoongi's phone as Stud Muffin. Yoongi found it annoying, but even still, he didn't bother changing it.

It was late when he got back to the apartment, tiptoeing to avoid waking his roommate. Hoseok could be quite intimidating when ungraciously woken up from a deep slumber. But when he opened the door, he was surprised to find all the lights on.

"Hoseok?" He called out, kicking his shoes off and tucking them to the side. "Are you still up?"

Voices sounded from the kitchen, so he tentatively went to go investigate. He recognized Hoseok's bubbly tone, but there was a deeper, more calm voice accompanying him.

"Hey, Yoongi!" Hoseok greeted him when he found his way into the room. "This is Namjoon."

Yoongi's eyebrows shot up high on his forehead. Hoseok worked fast. "Nice to meet you, Namjoon."

"You too," Namjoon smiled warmly. "Hoseok was just telling me that you disappeared from Taehyung's party."

"Yeah, man," Hoseok chimed in, "where'd you go?"

Yoongi grabbed some water out of the fridge, taking a long gulp before facing the two boys. "Out," he said simply.

"Out?" Hoseok asked dubiously, knowing full well there was more to the story. "Okay. But what I really want to know is who was that guy pushing you out?"

"No one."

Hoseok grinned at him, his eyes lighting up in amusement. "Sure. Whatever you say."

"Alright, I'm going to leave you two be. Nice meeting you Namjoon. Good luck with this one," Yoongi stated as he ambled to his bedroom. His eyes felt heavy and he just wanted to sleep for an ungodly amount of time.

He went through his typical ministrations, washing his face and changing into loungewear. A toothbrush was lodged in his mouth as he patted toner onto his skin, the minty toothpaste slightly overwhelming his tastebuds. He was just about finished when his phone started buzzing on the counter.

The display name lit up the screen: Stud Muffin.

Yoongi let the call ring until it stopped. It was too late to deal with Jungkook right now.

But of course, his phone started ringing again and again and again. Yoongi spit out his toothpaste and grabbed the phone.

"What?"

"Aw, baby, what's wrong?" Jungkook's lilting voice said through the line.

Yoongi sighed, tucking the phone between his ear and shoulder as he applied moisturizer. "It's nearly two in the morning, Jungkook. There's no reason to call me right now."

"Yeah, well, I was bored."

"Try going to sleep. That will ease all boredom," the elder grumbled into the phone. He made his way into his bedroom and burrowed under the unkempt blankets.

Yoongi could practically feel Jungkook's smile forming on the other side of the phone. "Why are you always so grumpy?"

"You haven't seen grumpy yet, kid."

"No one is going to believe this fake relationship crap if you're always going to be this crabby, you know," the younger informed him smugly. "Can you try to - I don't know - act cheery or something?"

Yoongi ran his tongue over his teeth in frustration. "Telling someone to act happy is not going to help them be genuinely happy, Jungkook."

"Then I guess I'll just have to make you genuinely happy."