10

Yoongi didn't know how to act around Jungkook anymore. A line had been crossed and the only path to take was forward. But how was he supposed to continue on after discovering how badly he wanted to be embraced by the younger? Didn't that make him a hypocrite, saying he was still in love with Jimin but craving the comfort of another person?

He was confused about what to feel.

And to make matters worse, Jungkook was back to acting like his normal self. There was no indication that the boy was in any way affected by the encounter. His smirks and confident grins still covered his face, with none of the shyness or openness he displayed a couple weeks ago to be found. The typical teases and taunts also returned, but they were backed by a joking nature rather than a flirty one.

So Yoongi didn't know what to do.

If he was smart, he'd just forget about what happened between them. And nothing really did happen, he rationalized. There were no touches or anything that'd point to a shift in their friendship. It's not like they confessed secret feelings they'd been harboring for ages.

There was nothing to forget except Jungkook's words. You're really pretty.

And Yoongi didn't want to let go of those words just yet.

So he found himself watching Jungkook more closely, listening more intently to the tone of his voice. But what he was searching for, he didn't quite know. Maybe he was making something out of nothing.

It wasn't a surprise when Jungkook poked him in the cheek one day, pointing out the obvious. "You've been acting weird, man."

Instead of denying it as Yoongi might have done in the past, he simply turned to the younger and nodded his head. "I know."

"Care to tell me why?"

"Would you believe me if I said I didn't exactly know?" The elder countered, sucking on his teeth as the kid considered that.

"You gotta have a hunch," Jungkook concluded, crossing a leg over the other. "So tell me what you're thinking."

Yoongi regarded him for another moment before burying his face in his hands. "It's you."

"Me?"

"I've been thinking about you," the elder mumbled into his palms, afraid of looking up at Jungkook and seeing judgement. "Ever since that bet, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it."

"But you won that bet," Jungkook said slowly. "Granted I didn't go full dom on you, you said you weren't affected."

"Yeah, but . . . I lied."

Silence filled up the room for a few moments. The younger kept quiet and Yoongi didn't dare say another word. He didn't even want to look at the kid.

Finally, Jungkook spoke once more. "So what does that all mean then?"

"I don't know."

"I thought you still loved Jimin," the younger continued.

"I thought I did, too."

Jungkook pulled on Yoongi's hands, making them fall away from his face. "Don't be embarrassed," he said softly.

The elder made eye contact with him, heat rushing to his cheeks. "But I am. It's . . . it's just weird to have these thoughts about you."

"What kind of thoughts?"

Yoongi went to turn away, but Jungkook stopped him by grabbing his chin. "I want to know," the younger revealed honestly.

"I've been thinking . . ." Yoongi began, swallowing audibly and taking a deep breath, ". . . how nice it would be to cuddle with you."

A smile lit up Jungkook's face. "You want to cuddle?"

"And I miss your fingers in my hair."

Jungkook slid closer to the elder, easily pulling him into his chest. His fingers instantly went to brush through Yoongi's hair. "Go on."

Yoongi's muscles relaxed quickly as he allowed himself to be held. "I've been thinking it'd be something new entirely to let someone else take the lead. But I've also been thinking how that scares the shit out of me. I'm used to just taking care of myself. And I . . . I don't know how to let someone take care of me."

"So what you mean to say," the younger murmured as he continued playing with Yoongi's hair, "is that you find secret joy in me calling you baby."

The elder scoffed, but did so in jest.

"You don't even need to answer that. I know it's a yes," Jungkook said agaisnt the top of Yoongi's head.

"I just feel guilty having these thoughts. Especially because of how I feel for Jimin. But," the elder closed his eyes, pressing his head against Jungkook's heart, "you're making me question those feelings."

Jungkook's hand froze. "Do you . . . do you have feelings for me?"

"I'm having trouble figuring that out. No offense," Yoongi added a little belatedly. "I don't know if it's just your friendship I want or more."

"Well, do you want to see me naked?"

"Jungkook."

The younger chuckled lightly. "Hey, it's a fair question!"

"I think I'd like to try kissing you," Yoongi rushed to say, the sentence coming out quickly and quite indecisively.

"I think I'd like to try kissing you," Jungkook mimicked, his heart beating wildly in the elder's ear despite the smoothness of his voice. "That doesn't exactly inspire confidence."

"If you don't want to do it, you don't have to make me feel bad about it," Yoongi griped, already wishing he didn't say anything at all.

Jungkook pushed him off his chest, eyes boring down into his own. "Are you sure you want to? I listened to what you said before, you know. About how if you're not into it, you're not into it. And if you are -"

Yoongi didn't allow him to finish. He leaned forward and captured the younger's lips with his own, pressing them together firmly. Jungkook remained still, letting him test out his confusion, letting him try to answer his own questions.

But Yoongi didn't want that.

"Show me you're a dom and touch me for fuck's sake," Yoongi gritted out against Jungkook's mouth.

All hesitation and stillness flew out the window with those words.

Jungkook pulled the elder to his body, wrapping one arm tightly around Yoongi's waist while the other tangled in his hair. Their mouths opened up agaisnt each other's, lips sliding and pushing and pulling. Yoongi made to thrust his tongue into the younger's mouth, but Jungkook beat him to it.

A groan low in Jungkook's throat added to the heavy pants between the two boys, awakening something new inside of Yoongi. He wanted to hear that sound over and over, until he could willingly replay it in his mind.

Gravity momentarily defied him as Jungkook pushed Yoongi back against the pillows, climbing over him and pressing their bodies together. The feel of the younger's heavily muscled body weighing down his own was another newly discovered feeling, one Yoongi quite enjoyed. He let his hands roam all over his body, ripping his mouth away so he could breathe.

"Fuck, baby," Jungkook panted against Yoongi's neck, pressing soft kisses against his skin. "Is it safe to say you're into this?"

Yoongi let out a low moan as the other boy started sucking just below his ear. It was definitely confirmed - he was into this. With his mind relaxed, he truly enjoyed this interaction between him and Jungkook.

At this point, no other questions remained.

He had feelings for the kid.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

V A L E N W R I T I N G

Surprise?

I mean, who could resist Jungkookie am I right?