9

"I've been bonding with Tae a bit more at work," Jungkook announced a couple weeks later, when they were lounging in Yoongi's bedroom.

Yoongi and Jungkook had been hanging out quite often, grabbing drinks after work and watching movies on the weekends. Both found a true friendship in the other, something they weren't expecting at first.

But both were grateful.

They had spent the greater part of the last couple of hours working on Yoongi's music. The elder showed Jungkook how he produced songs, even letting the boy come up with his own compositions. It was a different experience for Yoongi to share his passions with someone else, though he found he really enjoyed it.

Yoongi was still sitting at his desk, playing with a recording the two mishmashed together earlier. "Oh, yeah?"

Jungkook, spread out on the elder's unkempt bed, sat up. "Yeah. And I don't know. He's been treating me like -"

"Like a person?" Yoongi interrupted, smiling to himself as he added an interesting beat to their melody.

"He's always treated me like a person," Jungkook clarified, rolling his eyes like Yoongi should have known better. "But he's been treating me like someone who's not under him."

The elder looked up at that, delight twinkling in his eyes. "But I bet you'd like to be under him."

"Oh, sexual innuendos, Yoongi? Have we reached that stage of our friendship?" Jungkook crossed his legs and leaned back on his arms, eyebrows raised in question.

"Forget I said anything."

"You're so shy, I love it," the younger reflected, earning a scowl from Yoongi. "But under him. Over him. Either would work for me."

That surprised Yoongi. "You're a switch?"

"Yeah, baby. That's the fun way." Jungkook bit his lip, clearly thinking about some past sexual encounter or imagining a future one.

"No. I could never do that. I can't even imagine someone putting their . . . nope. Not for me," Yoongi stuttered out awkwardly.

"So you're a top, then," Jungkook determined, a somewhat shocked expression on his face.

"What? You thought otherwise?"

The younger rose his hands in mock defense. "Just didn't want to assume, that's all. But seriously . . . you don't know what you're missing out on. Maybe you shouldn't knock it before you try it."

Yoongi slammed his laptop closed. "Okay. This conversation is crossing a few boundaries right now."

"Come on, man. I'm just getting to know you," Jungkook rationalized with his signature smirk. "So. Are you a dom or a sub?"

"I already told you. I'm not a bottom."

The younger leaned forward on his elbows, resting them on his knees. "Bottoming and being a sub are not one in the same. You can be dominant while getting fucked up the ass."

Hands came up to cover Yoongi's face. "This conversation is getting weird."

"Want to know my assessment?"

"No," the elder answered strongly.

Jungkook continued anyway. "I think you've historically dommed. But I bet you'd like someone to dom you."

"Not a fucking chance in hell. That would never work for me." Yoongi lowered his hands so he could properly glare at the kid.

"You don't think you could get turned on that way? You never know . . . you might be surprised," the younger said, cocking his head to the side. He looked so innocent to Yoongi, which was ironic due to the subject they were discussing.

"Nope. I know I wouldn't," the elder asserted, leaning back in his chair.

"Want to bet?"

"I'm not having sex with you to prove a point, Jungkook."

Jungkook stood up, edging closer to where Yoongi sat. "Who said anything about sex? I bet I could turn you on by domming you. And I'd do so without touching you inappropriately at all."

Yoongi just shook his head.

"Are you scared you'll enjoy it?"

"I won't enjoy it. I know myself," the elder said, pushing himself away from his desk and standing. The room was suddenly feeling a little warm and he needed air.

Jungkook caught his shoulder deftly. "Then show me I'm wrong. Should be easy based on what you're saying."

He looked at Jungkook and took in that arrogant twist of his lips. "Fine. I'll prove to you that you're wrong and then we're dropping the subject."

"Yeah?" Jungkook confirmed eagerly.

"You are way too excited for this."

The younger didn't respond to that. He merely pushed Yoongi up against the wall, closing the elder in with his hands.

"I won't touch you inappropriately," Jungkook assured. "But by the end of this, I bet you'll want me to."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I doubt -"

"Quiet," Jungkook ordered softly, bringing his face marginally closer to Yoongi's. "I don't want to hear a sound out of you unless it's a moan."

"I'm not going to moan for you -"

"What did I just say about talking?"

He grabbed the elder's chin lightly, angling it up to better meet his gaze. The smirk from before was gone, replaced by big, dark eyes and parted lips. Jungkook's hair fell over his forehead slightly, so Yoongi gave into his urge and pushed it back.

"Sweet," the younger commented idly, a little bit of amusement to his tone, "but let me do all the work. Yeah?"

Jungkook brought his hand up to caress Yoongi's neck, his thumb rubbing circles over the skin there. His other hand gripped the elder's hip, holding him down.

"You're really pretty, you know that? Handsome, too. But really fucking pretty." The younger smiled softly at him, conveying his sincerity with those big eyes.

Jungkook paused, still looking at him with doe eyes and parted lips. Yoongi's heart was beating steadily in his chest, unsure of where the younger was going with this. He never had someone call him pretty before and it invoked conflicting emotions within in.

Part of him wanted to deny, deny, deny. He wasn't pretty. He was . . . just . . . Yoongi.

But another part of him secretly loved the words Jungkook spoke. He wanted to be held and whispered more gentle and tender things, all the while having Jungkook play with his hair. It might he nice to have someone care for him in a way he never experienced before.

Jungkook pushed himself away from the wall and turned so his back was facing the elder. "Sorry. I, um, don't know what got into me there. You were right about the whole crossing the line thing."

Yoongi watched as the younger started collecting his belongings, a bit confused at what just happened. He was even more confused at the regret rising up within him. He was disappointed that Jungkook stopped their little bet.

Because in that moment, Yoongi wanted to be proven wrong.

"Kookie?"

Jungkook froze, shoulders going stiff as he heard the nickname.

"Yeah?" The younger turned, a tiny of pink coloring his cheeks.

"I won," Yoongi breathed, returning to his desk and opening his laptop.

Jungkook nodded and left a few moments later, claiming he wanted to get some gym time in. He waved and rushed out of the room, not realizing he had been lied to regarding the outcome of the bet.

Because Yoongi had lied.

He did enjoy it.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

V A L E N W R I T I N G

Ayooo. Why are these Yoonkook interactions so fun to write?!