6

A few days later, the first opportunity to put the fake relationship to the test arose. Taehyung's art gallery was having an open house, so he invited all his friends to come and partake in free food, drinks, and conversation. Jungkook would be there already, but he didn't need to work the event.

Yoongi arrived with Hoseok, startled at how packed the venue was already. Taehyung spotted them easily, however, and ventured over to say hello.

"You two are the first to arrive," the curator said with a wide smile, directing them to a small bar. "Take a lap around, socialize, and I'll see you a bit later."

Yoongi gratefully ordered a drink, needing something to buffer his nerves. He knew without a doubt that he'd be seeing Jimin tonight. If he managed to get through the event gracefully and without too much embarrassment, he'd classify it a success.

If he could get a reaction - a jealous reaction - out of Jimin, then the night would be a win.

He had just taken his first sip of his drink as he felt arms wrap around him from behind.

"Hey, baby," a voice whispered in his ear.

Yoongi resisted the urge to roll his eyes, less Hoseok see though the facade immediately. His roommate was a mood maker; if he doubted the relationship, others undeniably would as well.

"Did you miss me?"

"So much," Yoongi replied dryly, idly patting the boy's hands around his waist.

Hoseok's face lit up. "You're the guy who left with Yoongi last weekend."

Jungkook released Yoongi, moving to his side so he could shake Hoseok's hand. "I'm Jungkook, Yoongi's boyfriend."

"I'm sorry. You're his what?" Hoseok nearly dropped his drink as he stepped closer to the pair.

"It's all very new," Yoongi rushed to say, fully aware that Hoseok would be suspicious.

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Hoseok muttered under his breath. "A couple days ago he was no one and now I'm supposed to believe you two are dating?"

Jungkook brought a shocked hand to his chest. "You told him I was no one? Wow. Does our relationship mean anything to you?"

Yoongi grabbed Hoseok's wrist and dragged him off to the side. He signaled Jungkook to join them.

"What's going on, Yoongi?" His roommate asked, eyes narrowed as he looked between the two boys.

"Okay, fine. He's not my boyfriend. But he's pretending to be so I can get back at Jimin and so he can get closer to Tae."

"Keep it down, man," Jungkook shushed Yoongi, craning his neck to search for Taehyung. "I don't want the whole gallery to know I have the hots for my boss."

Yoongi quickly - and more quietly - filled in Hoseok on the situation. He also described how Jimin may have been jealous and how this could work to his advantage.

"These things never work out well, Yoongi," Hoseok advised after getting all caught up. "Someone's bound to get hurt and I don't want it to be you."

"It's not like it's going to go on for a while," Yoongi placated him. "We'll continue long enough for Jungkook to spend time with Tae and for me to see if Jimin is affected."

Hoseok shook his head in disagreement. "I won't tell you what to do, because I know you won't listen. But be smart. Both of you."

He strutted away from the pair, welcoming Namjoon as he walked into the gallery. The two easily fell into conversation as they started roaming around the space.