13

"So, what's the deal with you two?"

Yoongi was walking alongside Hoseok and Namjoon, joining them on an outing to a shopping plaza. They'd been ambling around for a couple of hours now, perusing clothing stores as well as random boutiques. All the while, Yoongi watched the pair with intrigued eyes.

They were an interesting combination. Hoseok was cheery and energetic while Namjoon was more even keeled and calm. Even still, jokes ran freely between the two as well as mutual respect. It was obvious they were friends, but Yoongi wanted to know if there was something more budding between them.

In all honesty, their relationship reminded him a lot of him and Jungkook.

"Why do you have to be so blunt?" Hoseok responded, playfully pushing his shoulder. "I could ask you why Jungkook sleeps over almost every night, but you don't see me doing that now, do you?"

Yoongi whacked Hoseok's hands away as they came up to push him again. "He does not sleep over every night."

Namjoon laughed and threw a knowing look his way. "Yeah, he does. We've kept a tally."

Despite Yoongi's rebuttal, it was true. Jungkook really did sleep over every night. It was completely chaste, with no additional acts of intimacy occurring between them, but each found comfort in the other's arms.

It was something Yoongi never even did with Jimin.

"Are you trying to spin the conversation on me so you don't have to answer?" Yoongi said at last, well aware he was also deflecting.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "We're doing whatever you and Kook are doing."

At that, they all let the topic drop.

They roamed around outside for a while longer, exploring a few confectioners and purchasing small bags of candy. Yoongi put together a bag for Jungkook, filling it with the younger's favorite sweets. He wore a smile on his face when imaging tossing it at the boy's face later this evening.

Once outside again, they decided to grab a light dinner before heading back to Yoongi's and Hoseok's apartment. However, they didn't make it three steps before they ran into familiar faces.

Jimin and Jin.

"Hey, guys!" Namjoon greeted them with a wave, stopping to chat with the two.

Yoongi's eyes locked with Jimin's instantly and his chest suddenly felt weighed down.

An awkward silence ensued as Yoongi and Jimin continued staring at each other, with the three other boys staring at them in return.

"Can we talk?" Jimin whispered, his brows knitted low over his eyes.

Yoongi nodded, walking away from the group without turning to see if Jimin followed. He settled down on a bench, wringing his hands together as he was joined by the younger. A sense of apprehension filled his veins; he didn't know what Jimin wanted to talk about.

"You look happy," Jimin said at last, turning his body to better face the elder.

Yoongi recalled the last time Jimin said that to him - it was the night of Taehyung's party when he first met Jungkook. At that point, he was anything but happy. He was still mourning the loss of his relationship and couldn't envision ever being whole again.

But now . . .

"I am happy," Yoongi told the boy, speaking truthfully as he thought of Jungkook. "How have you been?"

Jimin's eyes started watering. "I'm not happy, Yoongi. I'm miserable."

Even though they were broken up, Yoongi's heart still lurched at those words. Maybe in the past he wanted to see his ex hung up on him, but he felt differently now. He had healed and moved on; he wanted the same for Jimin.