7

"You know, when I said to socialize earlier, I didn't quite mean to socialize my intern."

Yoongi jumped as Taehyung suddenly appeared beside him. The younger had his hands hanging loosely at his sides, devoid of drink and food. His expression was open, waiting for his friend's response.

"So you saw that?" Yoongi asked, running a hand through his hair.

"Never knew Jungkook was so forward," Taehyung reflected, keeping his gaze on the elder. "He practically leapt on you."

A nervous chuckle escaped from Yoongi's throat. "Don't worry, that won't be happening again anytime soon."

Taehyung arched one of his perfectly groomed brows. "No?"

The elder shook his head, turning away from Taehyung to get a reprieve from the younger's intense stare.

"How'd you meet anyway?"

"At your party," Yoongi explained, picking up on a curious note to the younger's voice. "Kind of just ran into each other."

Literally.

Taehyung's expression remained neutral. "How come my parties create relationships for everyone but myself?"

"Are you looking for a relationship?" The elder questioned, figuring this was his chance to do some fishing for Jungkook.

"I don't know," the younger exhaled deeply, his hands moving to plunge into his pockets. "Sometimes I think it'd be nice to have someone. To share my life with another person."

Before Yoongi could do some more interrogating, a patron called out Taehyung's name. His friend ran off to speak to the potential customer, leaving the elder to himself.

Yoongi wandered the gallery alone, idly taking in the paintings. They were pretty, but he didn't know enough about artwork to critique them. He also didn't have Jungkook by his side to explain the use of colors and objects and what it all meant; his fake boyfriend was locked in conversation with a fellow intern and couldn't escape.

He turned a corner into a smaller room and came face to face with Jimin.

"Oh," he let out, eyes instantly locking on his ex. "Hi."

Jimin's eyes were wide and vulnerable and he turned away too soon. He sped out of the room, not bothering to greet Yoongi.

"Hey, Jimin, wait!" Yoongi called after him, picking up his pace to catch up with the boy.

They ended up outside the gallery, the evening air cool and crisp.

"Jimin!"

The younger rounded on Yoongi. "I get you're in a new relationship, Yoongi, truly I do. But did you have to make out with the guy like that?"

"You broke up with me, Jimin, not the other way around," Yoongi defended. "If anyone should be upset here, it should be me."

Jimin narrowed his eyes at the elder. "How can you seriously believe that crap? I'm hurting, too."

A bark of a laugh escaped from Yoongi. "You're hurting? You ignored all of my calls and texts. You shut me out of your life completely, Jimin. You broke up with me and I don't even get why."

"I don't want to do this now, Yoongi."

"If not now, then when?" The elder asked, his hands balling into fists. "You didn't give me a good explanation three months ago and my guess is that I'll never get one."

He wasn't sure if it was the lighting, but Jimin's eyes appeared to be watering. "You know why we broke up."

"No. I really don't and you owe me answers."