1.Sweet Victory

"Is this Ms. Maya Matthews?" asked a feminine voice from the other side.

" Yes it is ,whom am I speaking to?" I asked.

"Oh, this is Rachel Peralta talking on behalf of Chandler Associates. According to our information you had entered your name in our songwriting competition so this is to inform you that you have won the competition."
said the lady on the phone.

" Oh my lord, thanks for informing you don't know much that means to me. " I practically squealed.

"So tomorrow you have an appointment at the office where you will officially be meeting the singer whom you're going to assist. I will send you the address. Please be here by 12 pm."

"Oh sure, thank you." I said as she cut the phone.

I still couldn't believe that I won and now my goal is going to be completed. You're probably wondering whom I am right? Sorry my bad, let me introduce myself , I am Maya Matthews. I am Indian/British. The thing is my mom is an Indian and my dad is from London.
I have short shoulder length, jet black hair and hazel brown eyes. That are the only things that I get from my mom, the rest I am pretty much like my dad. I have an elder sister and a crazy best friend, Sabrina Hart.

I was an aspiring songwriter and wanted to follow it as a career, so when I saw this advertisment I immediately enrolled my name and by God's gracious I won it.

Now back to reality.

As soon as I ended the call I called my mom and dad and told them about this amazing news followed by my sister and Sabrina. Out of everyone she was the most excited.

By the time I was done it was already 7 pm so I cooked myself some dinner and laid out my clothes for tommorow.

As soon as I was done I collided on my bed. Gosh I am so excited for tomorrow and with that thought I let sleep consume me.

______________________________________

Hey guys this is my first time writing a book so if there are any kind of errors I am so sorry. Another thing that I am a huge fan of short chapters but if you guys want long chapters please let me know I'd be happy to write them.
Last but not least please tell me your opinions things you liked or did not liked, anything is fine.
Thank you.